• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Tem Green (69 Runner)

I think he was closer to 58. He graduated high school in 73. Went to East Texas U and graduated with a degree in radio and tv broadcasting. (I read his facebook page). Kinda points to how many facets there are in a persons life that maybe we don't all really know.
If a person's character is judged by his actions, we lost a great man this week.

Wow, just wow. I had a friend pass last year, same damn thing and he was only 45. Just goes to show you fellas, live for today, for tomorrow may not be.

Godspeed Tem.

He had a bad heart attach December 26th, and was in the hospital after that on a transplant list. That explains his sudden disappearance from this website. He was on a lot of blood thinners caused his aneurism. He installed sound systems for Comcast for several years, had a variety of jobs after that. Rangemaster at a shooting range, security guard, computer tech. More recently he sold cars and was a substitute teacher, a job he loved.

OH MY GOD!!!!

I don't believe this!!! I noticed he wasn't on the site lately and I wondered what happened. My condolences to his family and friends. I lost a close friend mid November and still having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

Like many here I only knew him through this site but found his posts to be informative and fun. He will truly be missed. Perhaps Joey can put up a small memorial to 69 Runner in the heading, or something to the effect of that we lost a valuable member. May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

OMG

i only knew Tem thru FBBO, but i know he had a great wit and a giant breadth of automobile knowledge.

i know i speak for everybody here at FBBO in saying he will most certainly be missed.

R.I.P. buddy...:angel7:

Im sorry i never had the pleasure of meeting this gentleman. Ive been reading over
all these posts and see once again just how close knit this group is. My sincere
condolences and heart felt prayers go out to the family and friends of a man
highly thought of and loved. Ron

RIP, Tembo. You'll be sorely missed...

I bought my A12 from Tem. Spent a lot of time on the phone with him in the weeks leading up to the purchase, as one might expect. My son & I drove out to Texas to pick it up and we set the trip up so that we got to hang out and spend some time with him. He was a great guy and I'm glad to have counted him among my friends...

Ray

The Obit:

William Temple "Tem" Greene, 55, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011. Service: 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19, at University United Methodist Church, 2416 W. Berry St., Fort Worth. Tem was born Oct. 31, 1955, in Fort Worth to Henry Lee Greene Jr. and Mary Anne Temple Greene, with a full moon shining above. He was fondly known as "Weird Uncle Tem," a nickname that suited him well. He had a wonderful, dark sense of humor that could keep everyone laughing. He loved to watch cheesy old Sci-Fi movies â€" the kind with pie plate spaceships. For most of his life, his true love was the muscle cars he so lovingly restored. He ran Redline Restorations, a company he started to provide restoration services and original parts to other car enthusiasts. His cars won many trophies and had been featured several times in Muscle Car Magazine. In 2009, he relocated from "the rolling hills of Rancho Alvarado" to Greensboro, N.C., to join the other true love of his life, his fiancee, Sharon Stobaugh. He and Sherry had a wonderful time together travelling and spending time with his N.C. family. We sincerely appreciate the way they made him feel like a special part of their family. Our family would like to thank the staff at Duke Medical Center in Durham, N.C., for their hard work and professional care of our brother. Without you, he would have not come back the way he did. He fought harder than we ever thought possible and, in the end, he provided valuable research information and became a donor to help others even in his death. Survivors: Brother, Henry "Lee" Greene III (Beverly); sisters, Mary Kuyrk Heislen (Terry) and Pauline Jones (David); nieces and nephews, Brandi, Eric (Jordan) and Amber Shrier, Henry Lee IV (Sheena) and Kristi Greene, and Aaron and Connor Jones; great-nieces and great-nephews, Chasidy and Braedon Shrier, and Henry Lee Greene V.; fiancee, Sharon Stobaugh; and his Greensboro family.

My brother and I are contemplating going.
Greg knew Tem for a very long time.

First,my sincere condolences to Tem's family and friends. Most of us only knew him from this forum, but if he was anything in real life like he was here,he was gentleman and extremely willing to help anyone. An asset to the FBBO and to the world. Damn,this is sad. RIP,Tem,and THANK YOU from all of us!!! -Al

RIP TEM, My condolences to the family. I am at a loss for words, he will be missed by all on this Forum.

I only know "69RUNNER" from B-bodie's Only, he and I PM'd back and forth and shot each other down and tried to prove the other wrong when ever possible in threads "all in fun" on both out parts. We were working out a deal on a 4gear I found.....Wow this really hits home with me.At age 25 on April 24 the day of my Birthday I landed in the Hospital with heart troubles...You just never know guys, I don't drink,do drugs or smoke and was forced out of my career as an auto mechanic because of it.
Do what you can while you can guys...... RIP my friend.

So sad. Looks like he'll be well remembered, which is something we can all hope for but never know wev'e achieved.
I attended the funeral of a Professor who died of the same thing just a couple of weeks ago, fighting fit in the morning, dead by lunchtime.

The poor family, so much left unsaid. Live each day as if it's your last, always tell those important to you how much you love them because you just never know......

Wow, thats unreal, 69runner was always one o anwer my questions and had tons of knowledge, i wish his family the best and I pray for all of them in this time of sorrow.

Damn. I will also miss his knowledge,wit, and humor. Just talked to him a couple weeks ago on here,and now he's gone. No words to explain it. R.I.P. Tem.

Like most......I'm at just a lost for words as well.

Judge a life by not what has been accomplished, but how they are remembered.. I think the man has left a lasting impression on lots of folks, including myself...

God speed my friend

Auto Transport Service
Back