• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RM23H code Road Runner

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
Well I sold my Polara, and now eyeballing a RM23H code RR. I haven't a clue of what this is/means, so can anyone help and give me an education on this?

i thought i remeber seeing a vin decoder here on fbbo. cant seem to find it though. mine is also a rm23h, which Coyoteduster already decoded for you.

Just found out the car has NO fender tag......is it a deal breaker?

Just found out the car has NO fender tag......is it a deal breaker?

That would depend very much on what the intended purpose of the car is to be. If you are just going to drive it and enjoy it, then the fender tag won't be of much value or help. However, if you are speculating on the value of the car in an effort to turn a profit, then yes, it would be much more desirable to have the fender tag.

Hey 5.7 mine doesn't have a fender plate but the big options are apparent.the fun comes during the teardown finding options it's like automotive archeology you can have one made later.as long as you have your Vin tag you're gold!

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this car. It's ALL APART, but comes with everything. I'm sure there will be something missing, but I look forward to cussing, cutting my hands/finger/toes/arms/legs, and just plain having a blast building it.

It will be picked up next Thursday and I should have it by Sunday or Monday and will post pics when it arrives.

Holy crap........that all went quick! For sale, sold, on the hunt, bought, car will be here in a few...lol Well...congrat's, congrat's and ummm congrat's again!

I'm sure there will be something missing, but I look forward to cussing, cutting my hands/finger/toes/arms/legs, and just plain having a blast building it.

That's what it's all about man. Funny how many people forget that. Have fun with your bird! Looking forward to the pic's as well.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this car. It's ALL APART, but comes with everything. I'm sure there will be something missing, but I look forward to cussing, cutting my hands/finger/toes/arms/legs, and just plain having a blast building it.
Personally I would prefer such a big project WITH a fender tag. Won't cost you a lot more to buy but will give you much more value when done and the work is the same...
Just my 2 cents, good luck anyway!

I know exactly what you mean 5.7 Hemi . . . I'm right in the middle of that right now ! ! ! Love it ! ! !

what about build sheet?? was it found by current owner ? if it has been found then you can get an exact tag made if no sheet it would be very hard !

When I mean all apart, I mean boxes, bags, bomb explosion, lol! It will take me a week to go thru all of it.

As far as build sheet, I doubt there is one, but the fender tag could be in a box or bag somewhere and maybe, just maybe, I get lucky and find it.

Now if I don't, well guess what, I get to do some radical stuff to the Runner!

When I mean all apart, I mean boxes, bags, bomb explosion, lol! It will take me a week to go thru all of it.

As far as build sheet, I doubt there is one, but the fender tag could be in a box or bag somewhere and maybe, just maybe, I get lucky and find it.

Now if I don't, well guess what, I get to do some radical stuff to the Runner!

Thats the spirit. I know its not getting a 383 anyway....I see candidate for a stroker G3 right?

Anyway do with it as you wish, make it yours and forget about labels, tags, sheets, whatever.....as long as you got a good deal on the car.

I thinking stroked 383 to a 496!!!!

When it arrives I'll post pics in a build thread.

Sweet,
Sounds great man!

Super Rob,
"Personally I would prefer such a big project WITH a fender tag. Won't cost you a lot more to buy but will give you much more value when done and the work is the same...
Just my 2 cents, good luck anyway"

5.7 is a pretty "Sharp" and "Smart" guy....
I'm sure he has researched this thoroughly....

putting a car together that someone else took apart is a very hard job,lots of highs and lows.especially for a 60 year old man,im finnishing up mine now.its been a long ten months but worth it.you will be ok 5.7,good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back