• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller rockers

Yes. I would add Comp Cam's Pro Magnum's as an option.
I just put some comps on the 240s.. the outer stands need about .030 knocked off the insides.
The rockers rub on the stands and are too tight if you don't.

These are what I have.

769C4F55-534C-4273-982D-C7600C4D0872.jpeg 9234D883-2EF9-4218-81BB-32E4F1980902.jpeg 1757EE66-C77D-42F4-99E6-B9E0B733DC3E.jpeg D4CA99BA-78E7-4F58-BA5F-8478C0205A5C.jpeg 77F94950-4F80-4860-B8F7-8756832D7405.jpeg

I used the regular crane golds on the aluminum stand maxies and they fit like any other head.

My recollection is the Crane Golds came with some extra little rings/spacers that went between the aluminum stand and the thin shims that rode against the rocker body, to put them in the correct location.
With the cast in stands/stamped hold downs, you didn’t need them.

I don’t have any old factory aluminum stands, but measuring the width of those vs the stamped steel hold downs would provide the answer as to whether or not something different was needed between the two to end up with the correct rocker to valve tip alignment.

Edit- Crane Gold instructions:

https://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/200/270/270-64791-1.pdf

Last edited:
Those are the extra rings/spacers I was referring to:

064BC43E-8539-411E-A5A8-59454F9EBC34.png F2C95D66-7ED7-4B01-AE6D-CF88237852DD.png

I’m surprised you haven’t tried finding a 337 intake for that thing(or, maybe you actually have one).

Those are the extra rings/spacers I was referring to:

View attachment 1153098 View attachment 1153102

I’m surprised you haven’t tried finding a 337 intake for that thing(or, maybe you actually have one).
I would LOVE to have a 337! Can't find one. I have to make do with a welded-up tm7 or the crossram.
Edit: the turquoise M1 dominator intake is just being stored there temporarily.

Thank you sirs! Been a while since I since I worked on that stuff. The stand didn't just break ,, that was caused by something else that broke off

20210816_212643.jpg 20210816_212739.jpg

I used an indy intake and plate, machined the bottom of the intake to seal to it. And little tin wings to seal up the corners. Worked well

20210816_212937.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sirs! Been a while since I since I worked on that stuff. The stand didn't just break ,, that was caused by something else that broke off

View attachment 1153411 View attachment 1153412
I made myself a beautiful set of billet 6061 stands for my iron max heads a few years ago. Better material than the cast stands, and lots more of it. I put them somewhere safe, for when I would need them.

Sure wish I knew where that was.....

I made myself a beautiful set of billet 6061 stands for my iron max heads a few years ago. Better material than the cast stands, and lots more of it. I put them somewhere safe, for when I would need them.

Well good luck on your search, I know I'd be choked lol

They are hiding in plan sight... I've done the same thing a few times, drives me crazy....

Seems like my Indy rockers are no longer available! My one exhaust pushrod broke apart at the cup and messed up the rocker. So it looks like I need a whole new set of rocker arms. What are some good choices for the money? I know of some of the high dollar rockers, but are there other choices that will work with my Mopar .557?
Ronald,
I'm assuming you are running a -1 style head with an offset rocker. If so, that limits your choices considerably, and none of them are all that inexpensive. If you are going to spend the money anyway, it would make sense to get something like the Custom T&D rockers that we have made to our specs. Don't let the custom part scare you. Until you get done fiddling around with an of the shelf rocker, trying to get things right, you will have the same, or sometimes more money invested in a compromised system. Attached is a pic of these rockers on a -1 headed motor.
0524170934.jpg
Btw, this guy was breaking Indy rockers left and right, too. Now he rarely has to adjust lash.

Ronald,
I'm assuming you are running a -1 style head with an offset rocker. If so, that limits your choices considerably, and none of them are all that inexpensive. If you are going to spend the money anyway, it would make sense to get something like the Custom T&D rockers that we have made to our specs. Don't let the custom part scare you. Until you get done fiddling around with an of the shelf rocker, trying to get things right, you will have the same, or sometimes more money invested in a compromised system. Attached is a pic of these rockers on a -1 headed motor.View attachment 1155474 Btw, this guy was breaking Indy rockers left and right, too. Now he rarely has to adjust lash.
I am looking forward to ordering these when I can. I have had enough valvetrain instability to last a lifetime. Just wish I had something like this years ago.

Isky is no longer made. I'm not even sure Crane ductile iron are produced any longer. Two of us on here ordered sets between 2017 and 2018 and the tips wore fast. They were replaced eventually but I wouldn't run any of their newer ones. These were on flat tappet cams with about .530" lift.

I'm currently running the Hughes roller tipped rockers, solid body. They are beefy and have been perfect.
View attachment 1152550
Dude! That battery cable!!!

Many years back I bought a set of Crane ductile rockers through Mopar. These were the biggest POS, apparently that were not hardened properly @ a time when Crane was going through bankruptcy. I brought some of the defective rockers to SEMA and tried to talk to the Crane engineers... They went on & on giving me the sunshine treatment about faulty oil circulation.... I threw the Cranes in the dumpster installed H&S rockers and all has been well for many miles and years.. Very sad that some brands don't stand behind their products... Just my $0.02...

Auto Transport Service
Back