• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RWL or black walls, what do you guys like.......

74D64CB6-C53C-4133-930C-223696CF244D.jpeg
On my 07 Charger I think RWL ‘s would look goofy, but they look right at home on the 70

All depends on the look you're going for, problem with white letters is there aren't many choices anymore. I may run black sidewalls with a mag-style wheel, but prefer RWLs with black steelies...

20191009_131807.jpg

I agree with beanhead on the black steel and white letters out :thumbsup:
4 - 21 - 12 080.jpg

On my first car back around 1976 I remember getting white tire crayons from the Sears auto center so I could make my black tires have white lettering. :)

How old are those Goodyear Eagle ST tires?? I thought they stopped making those a LONG time ago. The last time I bought a set was in 1992..
You know your tires, they are date stamped 1992, they have been on the car for 12 years that I know of, I don’t drive on the X-way,
Can’t find them at Coker so I’m going to go with their Firestone Wide Ovals
RWL of course, lol

You know your tires, they are date stamped 1992, they have been on the car for 12 years that I know of, I don’t drive on the X-way,
Can’t find them at Coker so I’m going to go with their Firestone Wide Ovals
RWL of course, lol
No way! I bought mine in November 1992, 245/60/15 all around for my 71 Challenger. Had them mounted on 15x7 steel wheels. They were still on the car when I sold it in November 1998. I had 225/70/14 Eagle ST on the car's original 14 inch steel wheels from 86 to 92. When I changed to 15 inch wheels I could have bought BFG, but chose the Eagle ST because I wanted the Goodyear brand name on them. As I recall the Eagle ST ran a little narrower in overall width than the Radial T/A in the same sizes.

I'm trying to decide what wheels and tires I want to run on my Super Bee.. It has been a very difficult decision to make.. I hate that the tire selection, in general, is so limited for these cars now. Especially for RWL tires. I'm glad I had the opportunity to own one back in the 80s and 90s, when tire selection was plentiful, and the cars and I were both much younger..

Auto Transport Service
Back