• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serpentine belts on a BB Mopar

One of the systems posted is way too expensive.
They want $2,400 for this:
20191108_235027.jpg

And I got this for about $1,900
Screenshot_20191011-174704_Chrome.jpg

CVF Wraptor, this is the most expensive one in this finish, with AC, 140A alternator, power steering pump, and water pump. You can get it without AC, and without PS, and it costs less, and those accessories can be installed later.
CVF Wraptor $1,695
Screenshot_20191111-082336_Gallery.jpg

Eddie's $2,400
Screenshot_20191111-082402_Gallery.jpg

I like simplicity of the Eddies.. Not sure why CVF works so hard to make the W/P turn the other direcction.

I like simplicity of the Eddies.. Not sure why CVF works so hard to make the W/P turn the other direcction.
I thought the CVF turned the water pump in the opposite direction from stock. So I guess that means changing the fan?

With the water pump turning backwards, the heads are cooled before the block is. Also a standard rotation water pump will need to be changed to a Flowkooler or something similar due to the blade configuration.

With the water pump turning backwards, the heads are cooled before the block is. Also a standard rotation water pump will need to be changed to a Flowkooler or something similar due to the blade configuration.
I'm not sure if the heads being "cooled first" isn't a good thing. I'm thinking that may reduce the possibility of detonation?
The Wraptor comes with all accessories, including the water pump, so I'm going to have to ask them if the impeller makes the water flow in the same direction as normal or the reverse direction.
I'll have to ask about the fan too.

with the water pump spinning backwards its doesn't cool the heads first. the flow of water is not changed through the block. we at sdconcepts developed the reverse spinning big block water pump design for packaging purposes. if any company is trying to sell you a reverse rotation setup as reverse cooling run. they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. all of our kits are built using 1" thick mounting brackets for the accessories which greatly reduces flex and belt slippage. and our kits start around $650.00 and the accessories are available over the counter at your local autoparts store. currently our kits can be viewed at our facebook page superior design concepts

with the water pump spinning backwards its doesn't cool the heads first. the flow of water is not changed through the block. we at sdconcepts developed the reverse spinning big block water pump design for packaging purposes. if any company is trying to sell you a reverse rotation setup as reverse cooling run. they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. all of our kits are built using 1" thick mounting brackets for the accessories which greatly reduces flex and belt slippage. and our kits start around $650.00 and the accessories are available over the counter at your local autoparts store. currently our kits can be viewed at our facebook page superior design concepts
And you have an outstanding product!!
Your bracket and pulley system was the first one I ever looked at, I raved about it in another post a couple of years ago, and if I recall correctly, you are associated with or one of the guys involved with your company came up with the absolute best cap and girdle system that I have ever seen, here:
The BCR cap and girdle system:
http://www.bcrproducts.com/caps_and_girdle_system.html
I found myself "wheeling and dealing" with 2 vendors at the end of Cruisin the Coast, cutting deals to the bone on their last day at their booths, mostly shopping for items for my wife's GTO. So I had an opportunity to get the Wraptor for my Roadrunner, since I was getting one for the GTO.
You absolutely have an outstanding product at a great price!

@sdconcepts
Hey Jerry! I don't have Facebook, but I just viewed the photos on your page, and I am right. I have linked to and talked up that cap and girdle system in countless posts on this forum.
As far as your knowledge of Mopar and engineering, and putting those products and principles into action, you are one of THE BEST I have ever had the pleasure to speak with!
Thanks for all you do, especially for the MOPAR nation, and I appreciate the input on my thread.

just want to make sure all the proper information is getting out there.

The water pump pulley didn't line up with the balancer in the first picture. CVF sent me 1/4 inch spacer which was perfect in the second picture. Told them what balancer I had they had no idea why it didn't line up

just want to make sure all the proper information is getting out there.
And I really have to ask CVF some questions, because I'm sure that these questions have come up before.
I'll be sure to post the results.

CVF turns in the factory direction. The other one you posted turns backwards.
I've been working my *** off the last week and weekend. I haven't taken the time to look under the hood at my stock factory belt array. I'm sure that would make it obvious.
Thanks Hemirunner

I need to look at factory pump, iirc, they are turned and if the pump spins opposite of the factory direction, the water will not flow as well. The Flowkooler pump is straight blades, so it won’t matter which way it turns.

I disagree with the post stating the water won’t flow to the heads first, totally incorrect.

Auto Transport Service
Back