• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SKUNK

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Holy **** boys, I was just in my garage with the man door open. I turn around, and a skunk is about to cross the threshold!
I was staring right at the little bastard! It seemed confused by the light and hearing me shout repeatedly "get out of here."
I thought of booting it with my foot, or throwing a 1/2 in ratchet at it that I had close by, but I was terrified the MFer would spray me!

Any close encounters you wanna share? Damn, I'm still unsettled!

Holy **** boys, I was just in my garage with the man door open. I turn around, and a skunk is about to cross the threshold!
I was staring right at the little bastard! It seemed confused by the light and hearing me shout repeatedly "get out of here."
I thought of booting it with my foot, or throwing a 1/2 in ratchet at it that I had close by, but I was terrified the MFer would spray me!

Any close encounters you wanna share? Damn, I'm still unsettled!
Went out one morning to take the trash out about 25 years ago. Just as I was about to drop the bag, I saw him in the can. Only one bag in there, he couldn’t get out. I tipped the can, he shuffled out, all was good. About ten years ago, had our Boxer out front on a leash, (thank God) at dusk. There was one next to the road, Mopar saw him before I did, we were about 30 feet from him. Mo leaped at him, scared the crap out of him and he let it fly. I was surprised that some of the spray actually landed on him, might have been the wind.

my Rotty, the late, great, Princess Raven killed everything that came in the yard...... she did 3 skunks in her career

nothing is worse than taking the dog out to pee before bed and wind up giving her a peroxide/baking soda/Dawn dish soap bath..........

I have a picture of a shredded skunk somewhere

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/n248/eldubb440/groundhog001.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
groundhog001.jpg
[/URL]

Several years ago (deer hunting) I encountered one, at night, on my walk out thru corn stubble...Colors were reversed, white with black stripe...thought it was a bag moving in the breeze. Got about 10yds from it and 'lit it up' with a flashlight...it did NOT like that! Started my direction so I made a w-i-d-e circle around and continued on my way. Lit it up again, 50yds away. Again, pissed it off, but I had a comfortable distance. Luckily it didn't follow. No 'smell' at any time.

nothing is worse than taking the dog out to pee before bed and wind up giving her a peroxide/baking soda/Dawn dish soap [/URL]
Especially since that doesn’t do ****!! Nothing really works. Happened to our black lab many years ago… She chased the skunk over to the neighbors house she got sprayed a few times until the skunk ran out of juice. We even tried tomato juice… Peroxide you need to make sure it doesn’t get in the dogs eyes…

Rebel, on the other hand; is a lover, not a killer.......... he got sprayed one night, and I think his feelings were hurt.... I took his pic after a bath to mark the occasion......looks like he was still a puppy, it's been a while

first skunk.jpg

I haven’t had a skunk encounter, but last fall I heard my dogs in the middle of the night barking. I go out to investigate, my Dalmatian had a nutria by the throat beating it to the ground. The nutria is biting on his lip at the same time. Pretty tough invasive creature.

We had a dog that loved skunks, and snakes. We’d call the vet, oh the magic of caller id. They knew us, we were past introductions, it was always, what did Roscoe get into this time, and is he wearing his cologne? :lol:

Our dog is a rotti german shepard cross named Charger . 120 pounds of teeth . If she sees it she will do her best to kill it . Earlier this summer she came across a skunk on our morning walk . Knowing how smelly this might turn out I did my best to call her off before it was too late . She did come back but it was too late :( Should have let her finish what she started as it would not have smelled any worse

my Rotty, the late, great, Princess Raven killed everything that came in the yard...... she did 3 skunks in her career

nothing is worse than taking the dog out to pee before bed and wind up giving her a peroxide/baking soda/Dawn dish soap bath..........

I have a picture of a shredded skunk somewhere

https://hosting.photobucket.com/alb...dhog001.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]View attachment 1509908[/URL]

my long past rott. did that with all dogs that crossed in front of him ...

We live up north and in rural area and just a week or so ago I was out working on my daughter car when I heard what sounded like a horse galloping down the road, actually said to myself.."Well you don't hear that everyday"....then it changed direction and came crashing through the forest and was heading right towards me! A large spooked Bull moose came to a grinding halt when it saw me, and my wife had just opened the door to let the our Mastiff/St Bernard dog out, and she was not happy about our visitor. So I had to carefully round the angry barking dog up while keeping and eye on the moose...then carefully move behind the car. He stood there for maybe a minute then turned on his heals and tore off back through the bush!

We live up north and in rural area and just a week or so ago I was out working on my daughter car when I heard what sounded like a horse galloping down the road, actually said to myself.."Well you don't hear that everyday"....then it changed direction and came crashing through the forest and was heading right towards me! A large spooked Bull moose came to a grinding halt when it saw me, and my wife had just opened the door to let the our Mastiff/St Bernard dog out, and she was not happy about our visitor. So I had to carefully round the angry barking dog up while keeping and eye on the moose...then carefully move behind the car. He stood there for maybe a minute then turned on his heals and tore off back through the bush!
I think I’d rather get sprayed by a mad skunk than pummeled by a mad moose. We were moose/bear hunting in Canada, we topped a hill near a dump, hoping to see a bear. No bear but there was a skunk with his head in an empty can of something. The guide asked one of us to shoot it, the rabies thing. My dad pulled down on it with a 300 mag. Needless to say, nothing left of the skunk, except for the 1/2 mile walk back to the truck with the smell the whole way.

Years ago my wife and I were sitting out back just after the sun went down and were looking out over the back 40 (before 100's of houses were built) and this skunk came walking by. I saw it before the wife did and she starts in on 'what the heck is that' and I just told her to be quiet and it'll keep on walking by most likely. After it was a good distance away she asked again what it was and told her it lol. Another one where a mama duck and her ducklings came walking by and 'talking' to her little ones. That was pretty cool. There used to be a stock pond behind the houses across the street and whenever the weather got dry, that pond would still have water in it and it attracted all kinds of small wild life. That's gone too due to development :(

Auto Transport Service
Back