• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone PM me and now its gone, whats up with this?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
So I started a WTB thread and someone PM me. He said my friend has one email him. Looked and he joined 12/2 duster something and I didnt bother knowing its a scam. Was going to report today and the PM is no longer in my mailbox or trash. A little concern that now on this site they can do this. Anyone else ? @Joeychgo @kiwigtx @toolmanmike @Cranky i

maybe the poster deleted his own PM (?)
maybe the poster was banned & the powers to be wiped it all out (?)

you got me
that's my best logical or wild-*** guess,
you pick which

I didn't think a mod could delete a PM or access a PM/Conversation
at all, unless they are part of it (?)
hence it is a private message or private conversation

otherwise, I don't know

you got me
you pick which

otherwise, I don't know
thats what I thought Roger told me, mods cant see your PMs

That means the scammer has been booted Dave. Fine job by the mods as always.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Or the scammer was shot and burned.....

you got me
you pick which

otherwise, I don't know
A person can leave the conversation but don't think they can delete it. And I know I can't access a conversation but where I used to 'work', the site owner or a designated admin can access anything on the site.....and yes, I was an admin there but accessing someone's PM ain't right but if something of a legal nature was going on, then yes.

So I started a WTB thread and someone PM me. He said my friend has one email him. Looked and he joined 12/2 duster something and I didnt bother knowing its a scam. Was going to report today and the PM is no longer in my mailbox or trash. A little concern that now on this site they can do this. Anyone else ? @Joeychgo @kiwigtx @toolmanmike @Cranky i
Went into the moderator's panel and found that a member by the user name 'dusterisgreat' was burned at stake at 8:02p last evening.....is that the one?

Went into the moderator's panel and found that a member by the user name 'dusterisgreat' was burned at stake at 8:02p last evening.....is that one?
yep

And anytime someone PM's you about contacting a friend through an email, it's 99% probably a scam. Hit the report button so we can check it out before you do 'business' with them. There is a warning on the site about this stuff and it's been up for a good while now.

Classic scamming technique........a Mod or Joey caught that one. Probably saved you from a fate worse than an empty wallet.

You mean the claims of "add inches to your member" are complete bullshit?

Went into the moderator's panel and found that a member by the user name 'dusterisgreat' was burned at stake at 8:02p last evening.....is that the one?

1701689645087.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back