• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stark Car Dolly Review

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
These are very heavy and the box arrived damaged but the dollies were OK.

View attachment 397264 IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0661.JPG

I have 10 inch wheels with 295/50 tires on the back but with the 12 inch dollies fitment was fine.

View attachment 397267 IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0665.JPG View attachment 397270 IMG_0667.JPG

The floor was swept clean and blown off with an air hose before the dollies were placed under the tires. These are manual dollies but jacking was not a problem even though I'm only 160 pounds. Then came the real problem; getting the car to move. I was able to get some movement with maximum effort but not enough to justify keeping these around as a useful tool. It would be easier but still not practical to have one extra person to help move the car.

I had read some reviews on car dollies that said they had better results by greasing the wheels. So, I took one wheel apart and found that the build quality was the real issue. You can see from the photos that when the nut on the axle was tightened it distorted the axle shaft.

IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0672.JPG View attachment 397275 IMG_0674.JPG STARK Car Dolly Parts List.JPG

So, I returned the dollies for a refund. Keep in mind these were the cheapest manual jack dollies I could find. Better casters would have made these roll more efficiently but quality casters are expensive and these have 16.

I hope this helps you decide if car dollies are for you. You get what you pay for so buy the best you can afford.

Last edited:
Looking at that packaging, I'm going to guess these are made in China. The real problem with Chinese goods is that they take a great design, and manufacture a 'cut-down' version of it. Using cheap and nasty hardware - nuts, bolts and crappy spring washers....it comes as no surprise that things fail. The Chinese are also famous for self-collapsing bearings. They seem to have mastered the art of 'built-in redundancy' and self-expiration of parts.

I hope it works out with a different set of Dollies if you decide to keep up using that method of moving your car. I considered some myself, but could not justify them in my tighter space in the garage.

I really liked the quality of the rest of the dolly; paint, welds, etc. The more expensive ones that get the best reviews are double the price which is what it would have cost to replace all the casters. May as well buy American and and get better casters.

I had harbor freight ones and it was difficult to get my A-body to roll on them. Junk junk junk.....no more harbor freight, going on 8 years now

look at gojacks and pentagon skates. real happy with mine.

Gojacks seemed to be the best reviewed.

I should mention my car has all the parts including engine and transmission. I cannot comment how the dollies would work on a lighter vehicle.

Auto Transport Service
Back