• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting a new build for my 65 Plymouth Belvedere

The new Moroso Drag Special 7.10 front Runners are bought and being shipped. Now just got to get them mounted up and balanced.
The bad news is my Manley Titanium valves won't be made till 3/30. So that's holding up the final assembly of the motor.

New Ti. valves are in and installed. Heads are on. Just need to put valley tray lid on and intake.
Will be on run stand early next week.
Also switching to a new Meziere 55GPM electric water pump.

Attachments

• hemi 604 65 plymouth.jpg
    hemi 604 65 plymouth.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 310
So I got 95% of the roll cage painted and now just the downward part of the package tray bars need to be painted on carefully. Then the interior reassembly starts. I'll get pictures shortly.

awe yes an all aluminum big CI racing hemi,
she's perty, isn't she Pa...LOL

awe yes an all aluminum big CI racing hemi,
she's perty, isn't she Pa...LOL

Cant wait to put a pair of these on Budnicks!

Attachments

• DSCN3169.jpg
    DSCN3169.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN3168.jpg
    DSCN3168.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN3173.jpg
    DSCN3173.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 319
Rollcage all painted and Racepak logger and Dash remounted up.
Rerouted the ARC Switch panel.
Next is drilling hole in floor for new PPP shifter cable and nuetral safety switch wires to relay. Then rerouting the Racepak O2 sensors and rewiring the new line lock wires to the new TCI switch on the PPP shifter handle.

Attachments

• photo+1.JPG
    photo+1.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 301
  • photo+2.JPG
    photo+2.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 299
  • photo+5.JPG
    photo+5.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 303
  • photo+4.JPG
    photo+4.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 302
  • photo+3.JPG
    photo+3.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 301
Almost done with the interior. Got seat belt harness in, put new weatherpack connector for line lock in both sides, Installed the wiring for the Racepak data logger and Racepak dash and installed the 2 rear A990 door panels in & now just got to take out front drivers seat and install the carpet and put both SS seats back in. Install the rest of the Simpson Camlock harness and put gas pedal back in.

Front Windshield bar is nice and tight to the headliner now and I can actually use my rear view mirror.
Not in the mood to do anymore for today.

Here's a nice view of the new Titanium Valves in my CNC ported Indy Legend Hemi 426-1RA Heads

Attachments

• indy hemi head1.jpg
    indy hemi head1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 309
Well tonight was a good night for productivity. Got the carpet in, new Simpson Camlocks, and passenger seat.
New Stroud window net also installed. Hooked up the line lock button to a weather pack connector.

Tomorrow, drivers seat which is now fastened to the rollcage in the back so just in case an accident the seat doesn't twist and have the harness cut into my shoulders. This was from C & F Racecars recommendation.

- - - Updated - - -

A few more pictures. Check out the neat SS rear seat delete package tray.

Attachments

• 65 plymouth interior1.jpg
    65 plymouth interior1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 65 plymouth interior2.jpg
    65 plymouth interior2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 65 plymouth interior3.jpg
    65 plymouth interior3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 65 plymouth interior4.jpg
    65 plymouth interior4.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 65 plymouth interior6.jpg
    65 plymouth interior6.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 65 plymouth interior7.jpg
    65 plymouth interior7.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hey Chris, maybe a dumb question, but any thoughts to running a HANS device at those speeds? My buddy Ritchie Bruder runs 159mph in the 1/8th - a year of so ago he wrecked and that HANS device may have saved his neck.

Hey Chris, maybe a dumb question, but any thoughts to running a HANS device at those speeds? My buddy Ritchie Bruder runs 159mph in the 1/8th - a year of so ago he wrecked and that HANS device may have saved his neck.

It's been a thought and I am considering it. Definitely could be a life saver.

Looking good Chris. X2 on the Hans device.

Ray

Yo SSR
Just stopped by Jimmy's shop.
Your Hemi is done.
Bring up spark plugs and 4 water pump gaskets.
Engine looks sweet!

Yo SSR
Just stopped by Jimmy's shop.
Your Hemi is done.
Bring up spark plugs and 4 water pump gaskets.
Engine looks sweet!

Thanks just got back from his shop. Brought him everything he needed, paid the bill and its going on the run stand tomorrow to fire it up. I got the pics to upload shortly.

That's looking awesome Chris, can't wait to see what she does

You and me both Matt.
Unfortunately the weather has slowed us down this year so far. I should have been out atleast 3 times so far. None of our tracks are open yet and this weekend is not looking good either.

Auto Transport Service
Back