• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street/Strip Cam??

Just bite the bullet now and buy some pistons.

Then everything else just works better.

Well....... let me back track a bit.......

How fast are you trying to go?
If you don’t really care what it runs, then just carry on, and iiwii.
But if there is a performance threshold you’re trying to achieve, and it’s fairly lofty....... 7.8:1 might make for a real challenge.

Last edited:
Just bite the bullet now and buy some pistons.

Then everything else just works better.

Well....... let me back track a bit.......

How fast are you trying to go?
If you don’t really care what it runs, then just carry on, and iiwii.
But if there is a performance threshold you’re trying to achieve, and it’s fairly lofty....... 7.8:1 might make for a real challenge.

Im more interested in just getting it running, not too worried about how fast it is at this point. I just need to figure out the cam and I'm gonna send it as is.

In that case, with the CR as low as it is...... I’d err on the conservative side.

If you’re going to run headers, something like a Howard’s 721141-08.

Last edited:
In that case, with the CR as low as it is...... I’d err on the conservative side.

If you’re going to run headers, something like a Howard’s 721141-08.

Thanks for the input. Would that cam still be usable with factory style rockers? I called Edelbrock today and they said I need to run adjustable rockers with these heads...

What about the comp cams XE268-H? It's a 110 LSA though. But similar duration. I think I might start a new thread since I have a bunch of new info.

Thanks for the input. Would that cam still be usable with factory style rockers? I called Edelbrock today and they said I need to run adjustable rockers with these heads...

What about the comp cams XE268-H? It's a 110 LSA though. But similar duration. I think I might start a new thread since I have a bunch of new info.
For what its worth. my 440 is a low comp motor home engine, I went on the small side with the cam and am real happy with it I used comps part # 21-222-4 that is a xe262H had many guys on here helping me { thanks again } anyhow I can run the stock rockers I did switch to cranes #99839 valve springs they are very close to the old magnum/6 pack spring rates. Just did a lap job on the valves , new seals, eddy intake and now a thermoquad carb and headers, 3:23 sure grip and 727.
Its no dragster but can smoke the tires and run 120 :D

I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t confirm or deny it, but I have had a few customers tell me they had no issues using the OE rockers with Ede heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back