• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summit Racing is mad at me

Re: Summit
I ordered the wrong pressure plate overnight for Saturday delivery from the Summit website last November. It didn't matter as I wasn't able to get my transmission out in time to make our annual track day.
February 2018 rolls around and I get some lift time at my friend's garage. It was then that I discovered I had the wrong pp. I spoke with a Summit rep and had a different one shipped. That Saturday I find out it is a different wrong one too!
I called McLeod, whose 3 finger Borg & Beck that had originally failed set me on this crusade, and not only did they sell and ship a diaphragm style pp that allowed me to use my existing clutch disc (that came w/the B&B pp) but fit and has 3,000 pounds of clamping pressure.
So I finally got around to sending Summit back the 2 pp units I had bought and got credit for both within a week, and they paid return shipping!
I can't imagine doing business with anyone but Summit if product and pricing are the same!

I blame AMD for not packing their parts better, I would pay the extra cost if it meant getting undamaged parts the first time.

My last go round involved a rocker panel and door latch panel for a Challenger, both on the right side. The rocker showed up with the signature UPS dent, and the latch panel was for the wrong side. The packing slip was right, part number was wrong. :cursin:

Auto Transport Service
Back