• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Blue Moon tonight.

SteveSS

Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
And Saturn is visible to the naked eye. The blue moon isn't blue it is just weird when there are two full moons in one month. Since the moon is so close to the earth tonight it will exaggerate the tides which is going to make the hurricane worse.

On the radio they were saying if you miss this it will be back in 14 years.

And Saturn is visible to the naked eye. The blue moon isn't blue it is just weird when there are two full moons in one month. Since the moon is so close to the earth tonight it will exaggerate the tides which is going to make the hurricane worse.
Same expectations over this side of the planet. Should be able to pick Uranus just behind Saturn.

Hope the Moon is big & bright.

Snapped a few Moon shots.......I had difficulty finding Uranus.

Hugh out. :lol:

20230831_185605.jpg
20230831_185728.jpg
20230831_185601.jpg

last night at Pawleys Island ,had to park on high ground.

20230830_194757.jpg

20230830_194805.jpg

20230830_213156.jpg

Here it was this morning as I went to walk.

8-31-23 Supermoon-blue moon.jpg

The moon certainly looked big but it was how lit up everything looked that surprised me. It looked like the evening in the middle of the night.

It definitely was bright all night here till at least 4:00am....I thought my neighbours had left a light on again. :rolleyes:

So if the moon is approximately 240,000 miles away and I'm a mile and a half above sea level, the moon was 1/160,000th closer to me than someone at sea level. I could tell the difference for sure!

Not really, but I wonder if the view is clearer since I have 1 1/2 miles less atmosphere to filter the view. Obviously, they put big telescopes on mountain tops.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back