• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suppose you just won $10,000 from a lottery scratch ticket...What would you do to your car?

At today's pump prices.....probably blow the $10k on a full tank of gas.....might even be enough change for a pack of chewing gum also. :thumbsup:

Fill up the tank and buy a new set of tires. After taxes that mediocre size jackpot might cover those 2 things.
if any money was leftover, I’d buy some beer.
Now if I could win a 7 figure jackpot, that might buy me something interesting….

Since I pulled out the engine a couple weeks ago, ten grand would be really welcome right now!

A tank of gas and a glove box full of groceries. That should about take care of it!!

At today's pump prices.....probably blow the $10k on a full tank of gas.....might even be enough change for a pack of chewing gum also. :thumbsup:
How much is gas there?

How much is gas there?
Going up every few hours. These are per/litre prices...... one litre equals a C.H. over one Quart.

NZ Dollars prices.... one NZ Dollar equals US$0.63 at the current rate.....

Screenshot_20220624-163513.jpg

LPG = roughly US$3.80 per US Gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163452.jpg

Our 98 octane is roughly US$9.02 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163442.jpg

Our 95 octane is roughly US$8.80 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163432.jpg

Our 91 octane is roughly US$8.20 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163424.jpg

Our Diesel is roughly US$8.06 per US gallon

Gas prices have backed off about 15 cents over this past week.

Going up every few hours. These are per/litre prices...... one litre equals a C.H. over one Quart.

NZ Dollars prices.... one NZ Dollar equals US$0.63 at the current rate.....

View attachment 1303423

LPG = roughly US$3.80 per US Gallon

View attachment 1303424

Our 98 octane is roughly US$9.02 per US gallon

View attachment 1303425

Our 95 octane is roughly US$8.80 per US gallon

View attachment 1303426

Our 91 octane is roughly US$8.20 per US gallon

View attachment 1303427

Our Diesel is roughly US$8.06 per US gallon
Wow, and people are bitching here? I figure your taxes are higher there. How much has it gone up in 2 years? Thank you!

Wow, and people are bitching here? I figure your taxes are higher there. How much has it gone up in 2 years? Thank you!
Pretty much doubled over the last year.

Taxes make up about 70% of the cost at the pump. And we pay Road User Charges based on mileage for Diesel vehicles.

Pretty much doubled over the last year.

Taxes make up about 70% of the cost at the pump. And we pay Road User Charges based on mileage for Diesel vehicles.
That road user tax isn’t on top of the regular tax, is it?

I worded that wrong. I meant diesel on top of the regular tax, sorry.
Diesel attracts the normal taxes, but is exempt from a couple of taxes that other fuels have built in. On top of the pump price, we pay an additional Road User Charge based on mileage.

Auto Transport Service
Back