• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach Wire

Thanks for the help, Honestly i don't know its history the guy put it in and don't know if it ever work but i can try and fund out if it was working at one time. Can i hook it up at the gauges back( plug it in) and touch the negative side of the wire to the coil would be easier and the same thing right?

Don't know the history on the tachall i know is the guy before me put it in i don't know if it ever worked but will try and find out

Reason I said unplug it at the tach is if it still wont start it is in the wiring.

I started the car with the tach wire off the terminal and while it was running as soon as i touched the tach wire to connect the car dies

I started the car with the tach wire off the terminal and while it was running as soon as i touched the tach wire to connect the car dies
I would remove the tachometer and carefully take the case apart and see if that wire for the tach signal is some how grounded to the case. The terminals that go through the case can not be grounded to the case. Here is a site with information and pictures. https://www.rt-eng.com/

Auto Transport Service
Back