• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the best place to buy a few of the rivets that hold the vacuum hose clips in place

trishhritz

Scarlet Sue
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
These rivets hold the clips in place on the underside of the air cleaner. I have been unable to find them at any of the hardware stores in the SF East Bay. I found the correct air cleaner for my 72 Plymouth SSP, but it didn't come with the clips so I'm moving them from the dual snorkel air cleaner with which our 72 Plymouth SSP came. :mad: Does anyone know where to buy ones that look most like the original? I found some sites where I could buy 100 pieces, but I only need three unless they are used elsewhere on the car. Please help if you know the answer. Thanks in advance.:thankyou:

Can you post a picture of what your looking for?
The rivet is pictured here. There is a top view and bottom. The rivets were either brass or steel, not aluminum, but I’ll bet aluminum would be easier to work with.
2993303E-FC47-4FEA-AD40-10B866C59CEE.jpeg
A639B6F8-3124-4209-A394-DBD62050FFC4.jpeg

I would check with someone like Granger or McMaster Carr in your area. Autobody supply shops will have them as well and some Home Depots / Lowes / Ace Hardware have them. Your looking for a tubular rivet. If your not able to find locally, contact Restoration Specialties and Supply out of Windber, PA. at 814-467-9842. They have a variety of sizes and they are a quarter each. Shipping will cost you more than the cost of the pieces.

I would check with someone like Granger or McMaster Carr in your area. Autobody supply shops will have them as well and some Home Depots / Lowes / Ace Hardware have them. Your looking for a tubular rivet. If your not able to find locally, contact Restoration Specialties and Supply out of Windber, PA. at 814-467-9842. They have a variety of sizes and they are a quarter each. Shipping will cost you more than the cost of the pieces.
Thank you! Been to Lowe’s, Home Depot and ACE here. Was looking at buying the steel ones at Graingee online. They don’t stock em in the stores here, but we can order online and pickup in a week or so.

Your looking for semi tubular rivets. My local Ace hardware store has rivets in those little pullout boxes for specialty fasteners. Here a site to look at.

https://www.hansonrivet.com/rivets/know-your-rivets/
Yes, I discovered the type needed after buying the blind type rivets and gun. I didn’t even open the package snd figured they were not right-so I started to research. thanks for confirming what I need. Ive been to the ACE here in town, bought four at .18 a piece and then discovered the oval head diameter wasn’t big enough. They are really low on stock, seems like everything. Lowe’s has a bigger selection of fasteners but none of the metals-only plastic. The Home Depot’s didn’t have any other than the pop type. There are two more Ace’s to try one city one way and another in the opposite direction. Also stopped at three auto parts stores.
I didn’t think of going to auto repair shop. Thanks for the tip!

Auto Transport Service
Back