• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The dirty dealer meant no harm.

SteveSS

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
This commercial is permanently stuck in my head from when I was a kid. I was eating some M&Ms and I had to look it up. Sure enough, it's on the internet. Do you have any of these Saturday morning commercials that have lasted with you all this time?

I jump around. The '69 Charger, the '71 Charger, the '69 Corvette, the 70 Coronet 500, and the '81 Camaro. The '97 Camaro needed some love. My mechanic and I were supposed to work on stuff today but I had to cancel and take care of my 93-year-old mom. The '71 has been a turd. seems like we fix one thing and find 2 more things wrong. Same with the Corvette.

The tail lights weren't working on the '71. We couldn't find the problem until were traced it to under the dash. Now that's all torn out. I just finished prepping the two valences for paint and took the trunk lid down to the auto paint store. A couple of the supports on one valence were too rusted to use so yesterday I bought some sheet metal and I have to learn how to make new parts without a metal brake tool. The car was repainted but there were a few things that got replaced after the paint job. They scanned it with the computer and it came back as Hugger Orange so I bought more of all the stuff for that paint job. Now I'm considering painting the bumpers as I posted in another thread. One step forward, two steps back. Watch for my how do I paint chrome bumpers thread.

The '69 is almost ready for its new vinyl top. That was a rust repair nightmare. The Corvette is getting new seat covers then we discovered we are going to have to get new seat tracks. Mine are too far gone.

The Camaro window was giving us problems so that became a top priority to keep the rain out.

I haven't done squat on the '73 Grand Am. We found a wrecked one down in Albuquerque a couple of days ago and tried to buy it for parts but it sold before we could get it.

We got the 383 in the '70 Cononet running a couple of weeks ago. I bet it hasn't started in 20 years at least but I did mention that before.

I haven't messed with the new SBC for the '81 BumbleBee Camaro since I got the new aluminum heads. We've got the existing SBC sounding good in the Camaro for now. Saving money for machine work on the 4 bolt main. It's hard to find machine shops now.

We are also trying to create all the stuff for a paint booth at the ranch.

All these fixes are expensive so I try to spread them out some.

Besides my home, I also take care of the ranch by myself.

I know you meant to insult me but there are some of the the updates. I could go on.

Last edited:
MOVE OVER BACON, HERE COMES SOMETHING LEANER!

This one in particular, because as this was playing my older brother came into the room and parroted the commercial as he meant for me to to scoot over on the couch. I told him I wasn't bacon. Then he laughed for 5 minutes and repeated his joke to my older sister when she arrived and it turned into a thing for about a year. I now do this to my own kids, and occasionally to coworkers but I have to explain to them where it comes from because most do not recall or are not old enough.

There was always these as well:

Auto Transport Service
Back