• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The world around me today...

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of the world these days.. Few examples of stuff seen today, never mind about this week...

1) grabbed lunch at a drive through... (Yeah I know) gave my order, price was $6.68... I only had five loose $1's no $5's so I gave the girl a $10, a $1 & .68 cents.... $11.68.... Change should be..... $5.... She shuts the window while she tries to figure it out.... I see her grabbing quarters & dimes.... I try to get her attention but she's oblivious... When she finally opens the window I let her hand me my change which of course is wrong... I try to explain it to her... I get a dumb look... In the end I surrender & accept the fact she's got a head full of helium...

2) While in line getting my lunch I see a full sized van with dark tinted windows being pulled over by CHP... When the van stops seven black teenagers piled out of the van wanting to know while they were being harassed... Officers points to the right rear tire which is flat.... Then proceeds to help them change their tire.... Showed them how to jack up the van, showed them that since the lugs are fairly tight stepping on the lug wrench was easier than muscling it, showed them to cross torque... Generally was a super decent dude... And get this.... Nobody got Shot!!! Actually the kids thanked him & offered to buy him lunch....

3) Driving slightly over the speed limit on a major street I got passed by a luxury (Cadillac) SUV, the RF tire was completely flat & the woman driving was completely oblivious... I tried to flag her down but she couldn't be bothered...

It's a crazy world out there, Hope Y'all are staying safe....

Oh BTW Did I mention it's 107 degrees today.... Add that to the officer stopping & helping those boys....

I hope the nice Officer explained to the boys how dangerous it was to all pile out
of the vehicle upon being pulled over?

I hope the nice Officer explained to the boys how dangerous it was to all pile out
of the vehicle upon being pulled over?

Strangely he didn't seem to cover that very well... I initially thought I was about to see a big mess but the officers actions deescalated things pretty quick.... I think officers are letting allot of stuff slide trying to improve public perception and unfortunately that really increases their risk if things get stupid...

On numerous TV shows, I keep hearing about Black people having "The Talk" with their kids
about how to act when being pulled over by the po-lice. I'm beginning to think it's Bullshit.

On numerous TV shows, I keep hearing about Black people having "The Talk" with their kids
about how to act when being pulled over by the po-lice. I'm beginning to think it's Bullshit.

Hell, I'm an old white dude, when I've been pulled over in the past my hands are at 10 & 2, my windows are down, stereo is off, I'm respectful... Guess what, I haven't gotten a ticket in nearly forty years.. I didn't need "The Talk" cause I was raised to respect the police.. Hell I was raised by a drill instructor, if I did stupid & dad heard about it I probably would have been better off getting my self locked up... And being raised that way has served me well...

1 Wild RT
When I was when 15-19 I was constantly harassed by the local PD. Why? Because I was a long haired punk, who drove a primered 70 Roadrunner, which had different tires in the back (60's on Cragers) than the front (70's on black rims). The exhaust was loud, the stereo was loud, I was out chasing girls and good times. In other words I deserved to be harangued by police. I didn't hate them, I didn't blame them. I had life lessons to be learned. That said, I didn't commit crimes other than the occasional speed test, I wasn't out harming people, I was just a young punk who was immature. Once I matured and stopped being a fool, all the harassments stopped too. Why is it that subsequent generations cannot comprehend this simple fact and lighten up. If you find yourself blaming others for your bad circumstances over and over again, the problem is with you, not the world or society.

My mother- in- law made a comment to me one day many years ago, she was 94 then. She said, I think I've lived to long , I don't understand this world we live in anymore, it's left me behind. I look around me and I realize I'm beginning to feel the same way. I guess time waits for no one..........

The world around me, 9 times yesterday and 3 times already today, phone call telling me my apple cloud has been attacked. I don't have a apple anything. I block the number, they call with a different number. It won't stop!!!!!!!

My mother- in- law made a comment to me one day many years ago, she was 94 then. She said, I think I've lived to long , I don't understand this world we live in anymore, it's left me behind. I look around me and I realize I'm beginning to feel the same way. I guess time waits for no one..........
she was a very smart woman :thumbsup:

I think every generation goes through the same thing year over year, decade over decade. My grand parents lived on a small farm in rural ND. My grand father told me about growing up at a time when there were no cars and getting his first car (used Model A). I can remember their phone was one that was on a circuit where there was an operator who you had to tell who you wanted to talk to and she would connect you. Both lived a long time (grandmother until her early 90's, grandfather 105), they absolutely were amazed at how the world had changed.

Yes the world has changed dramatically and rapidly but in the end, people are people and despite what the news outlets would like you to believe, the majority of the population is just trying to get through this life. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of A holes and idiots out there and lots of reasons to keep to yourself but all in all, I do not think things are nearly as bad as the 24hr news outlets would like you to believe.

The world around me, 9 times yesterday and 3 times already today, phone call telling me my apple cloud has been attacked. I don't have a apple anything. I block the number, they call with a different number. It won't stop!!!!!!!
The problem I have are the ones wanting to buy a property that I don't even own. Somehow I got associated with my X's property so I started giving them her cell number and tell them I have nothing to do with her anymore. Maybe they will stop hairyassing me over time......and hairyass her instead. At least they are calling my land line and not my cell!

Not sure what to make of the world these days.. Few examples of stuff seen today, never mind about this week...

1) grabbed lunch at a drive through... (Yeah I know) gave my order, price was $6.68... I only had five loose $1's no $5's so I gave the girl a $10, a $1 & .68 cents.... $11.68.... Change should be..... $5.... She shuts the window while she tries to figure it out.... I see her grabbing quarters & dimes.... I try to get her attention but she's oblivious... When she finally opens the window I let her hand me my change which of course is wrong... I try to explain it to her... I get a dumb look... In the end I surrender & accept the fact she's got a head full of helium...

2) While in line getting my lunch I see a full sized van with dark tinted windows being pulled over by CHP... When the van stops seven black teenagers piled out of the van wanting to know while they were being harassed... Officers points to the right rear tire which is flat.... Then proceeds to help them change their tire.... Showed them how to jack up the van, showed them that since the lugs are fairly tight stepping on the lug wrench was easier than muscling it, showed them to cross torque... Generally was a super decent dude... And get this.... Nobody got Shot!!! Actually the kids thanked him & offered to buy him lunch....

3) Driving slightly over the speed limit on a major street I got passed by a luxury (Cadillac) SUV, the RF tire was completely flat & the woman driving was completely oblivious... I tried to flag her down but she couldn't be bothered...

It's a crazy world out there, Hope Y'all are staying safe....

Oh BTW Did I mention it's 107 degrees today.... Add that to the officer stopping & helping those boys....
Actually, it's every day. :eek::D:rolleyes:

1. That’s happened to me too
2.funny how if he would have harassed him that would have been on the news but he does something good and the community don’t see that
3. That’s happened to me too ill try to at least let some woman who’s too busy to even notice know that her tires flat, her headlights are off when it’s dark or there’s something falling off her car.. i gave up on that one already a long time ago

mopar or no carrrrrrrr

What no 24/7 news cycle ?
on a good honorable helpful cop (LEO), helping minority kids...
Fix a flat...

yeah right, they never do go there

what's the world coming to today

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad I don't leave the compound much anymore
I've been social distancing for going on 16 years now
there's too many crazy people out there :poke:
(not so much up here, except tourists)

Last of that kind of stuff I saw was way back in 1997,
when I left the Concord, east Bay Area, for Rancho Murieta
I keep moving farther from it too...
I certainly don't miss any of it either...

I've been pulled over twice up here
once, out on a beat run after changing rockers/ratios to 1.7:1 in my Dakota
Sherrif was pretty cool, said;
'he got/clocked me going like 85'
I said;
"I know sir, I was just doing a lil' test, changed a couple parts &
damn I didn't think it'd do that in the approach ramp distance"
he just smiled back
He said;
"he'd just give me a written warning"
gave me a written warning for too fast onramp approach
on the 108 bypass

It's the only or closest thing to a major highway/freeway
we have for 80-100 miles,
we even have a couple (3 each way) of onramps & offramps

Other time;
It was a taillight/running-light out at night on 108
coming down the mountain from my Aunt's house, late one evening
just a warning too
(was going like 62 in a 55 too, downhill, I didn't want to ride the brakes)
I said;
"thank you sir & went on my way"

IMO treat them with respect they will (usually) be nice too...

Last edited:
It's the only or closest thing to a major highway/freeway
we have for 80-100 miles,
we even have a couple (3 each way) of onramps & offramps

Yup, know the ramp.... Couldn't convince momma to move up there...

The world is in fast forward, and I'm still in reverse!!?

I would thank God (and will tonite no doubt) for anther day on this Earth, but I am also thinking maybe it is just too darn hot and humid......today!????

she was a very smart woman :thumbsup:
My mother-in-law was a great, very smart woman. I would sit with her and listen to the stories of years gone by. I loved her very much, took care of her to the end and carried her to her final resting place.

My mother-in-law was a great, very smart woman. I would sit with her and listen to the stories of years gone by. I loved her very much, took care of her to the end and carried her to her final resting place.
your a very good man :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back