• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"There's No Comparison": Why Classic Car Enthusiasts Won't Touch Modern Cars

I currently like my new car and 6.4 `cuda, way more than my early junk.

300 left front up.jpg

My 2 year old grand Cherokee has 55,000 miles on it. had a rough idle start a few months ago. Dealer claimed found nothing….even after I told them vacuum leak and probably master cylinder as I could make it worse with more pressure on the brake. Me thinks unless it’s an electrical issue the techs have trouble. I fixed it. The grommet on the power booster / vacuum hose was bad.
If I had a dime for every time I addressed what the computer said was wrong and it still didn't fix the car and it ended up being something like that. I'd have a Daytona and a Superbird.

Yes, I read on the RAM forum that they seem to be the best bang for the buck. :thumbsup:
This is a good Ram forum...been on it for 3 years now. Same handle as here MarPar.

I like both old and newer for different reasons. My 2012 Challenger R/T Classic is the first car designed in over 30 years that I actually liked. It is the only vehicle I have ever purchased that is in the 2000's or newer. It is fun to beat on once in awhile, it is comfortable, quiet, kind of quick and gets decent gas mileage for an everyday driver. However, I still like and enjoy my 70' more.

20230709_181723.jpg

photo0.jpeg

I have no desire to use my Coronet as a daily driver for those day that I need to hit the road, I mean hit the road. My Coronet isn't totally old school, because obviously, it's heart beats to a modern beat. Like all of you, I spent many years having FUN taking a car apart and making it better than new. I have again, no desire to work on a car that when I say go, I mean GO. My Durango has more bells and whistles than God should allow. I will never work on it and if it needs work yes, it has a extended warranty and I won't own a new car without one. I also won't own it when it has over 70 or 80 thousand miles on it. I sell them with an extended warranty and people jump on them fast. I can and do go to places that, like last night, that when I pulled up, a valet took my keys and parked my car. I would NEVER allow just anyone to touch the go pedal of anything that means something to me. I guess what I'm saying is, business is business and pleasure is pleasure.

My Durango has a recall on it now. They sent me a card and I phoned. He said it needs to be done now, I said great, I'll be there in a few minutes. He said we're booked 8 weeks out. I said, I thought you said now, well, he meant bring it here when they can get to it. The world is full of ******** and some work at dealerships, not exclusively, but, they have their share...............I guess it comes down to this, I also have work boots, but, I don't wear them with a suit, can you smell what I'm saying... LOL

The dealership couldn't even manage to put the correct oil in my '15 when it was 2 years old.

... and they wanted to keep it over the weekend, and give me a loaner car because it was "not safe to drive" after they broke one of the large hose clamps holding the intake air hose to the filter box, and didn't have a replacement on hand.

:rofl:

Last time I went to the dealer for any type of service.

I have no problem with electronic engine controls.
No problem with anti-lock brakes, traction control.
What I do have a problem with is my car having access to the Internet and a calender. I have a phone in my pocket for these things.
I need my car to rely on me to be a part of something/driving/alive if you will.
Most of the technology they put in these, way too much money cars, is not even being used by the owners.
I see countless people each day holding their damn phone talking away instead of just connecting the phone Bluetooth to the car radio.
They put **** in these cars that they don't need and interconnect it so when one piece fails it kills the whole system. No thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back