• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They promised me metric but failed to deliver

Tried to bid a metric designed building, but couldn’t find subcontractors who wanted to quote it for us. It’s much more difficult to build a building in metric when all subs here are used to 16” O.C. Stud framing. Sheetrock doesn’t come in metric sizes, etc...

Pointless discussion... if you grow up with the metrical sistem is what you get use to use, same with the " standar" system, same for temperature, now the calendar is a mix and match of names and how you measure days ( no body now's really what day is it since we start to count days randomly ) the hours are a sexagesimal system establish in Mesopotamia and so on and on, besides this is discussion we have before not one system is better than the others just are different that's It get over it.
No body is forcing you to read or comment on my thread Debbie Downer. Cheer up dude its ******* Friday!

Pointless discussion... if you grow up with the metrical sistem is what you get use to use, same with the " standar" system, same for temperature, now the calendar is a mix and match of names and how you measure days ( no body now's really what day is it since we start to count days randomly ) the hours are a sexagesimal system establish in Mesopotamia and so on and on, besides this is discussion we have before not one system is better than the others just are different that's It get over it.

It just aint the same in Metric.

hqdefault.jpg

Let me remind you that FBBO is a world wide forum this means all around the world, people with different points of view, if you don't like my post fine ok, but if you create a tread is for everybody to read it. You too cheer up is fuckinng Friday bro.

Last edited:
I also remember them saying the O zone would be gone by the year 2000. That seemed like forever back in grade school.
Nope, it's not half gone...it's just a HUGE hole (area in purple)
Hole_in_the_Ozone_Layer_Over_Antarctica_-_GPN-2002-000117.jpg

I totally agree. I measure weight in "stones" and I measure distance in "cubits"

I have a set of metric mics but I bet I've used them less than 5 times. I still convert everything to standard at work.
Yup...whenever I got a print in metric, I would convert the whole thing to inches.....

I'll concede that the metric system makes more sense, but screw that commie ****!

Jeff

Well one thing we could count on is that I am sure if we were to convert to the metric system our government would do it very efficiently. After all the Republicans and Democrats get aling so well its like a well oiled Mopar lol.

I was reading a point made by someone that having multiple measurement systems makes our ability to understand measurements better than people who only deal with one. Its a cognitive process to cross calculate conversions which provides a more deep understanding realated to measures. I don’t know about that but I do know all my hardware is mixed up in bins and thats an imperial pita...

I think they should add days to February, taking them from the months that have 31.

You would then end up with the potential of 7 months with 31 days and 5 with 30

You could then redistribute so that Jan and Dec have 31, and then every other month has 30 then 31. The only 2 31's in a row would be Nov/Dec (or could be any...say summer so you'd only have to remember June/July)

I think that would be way easier.

I also remember them saying the O zone would be gone by the year 2000.
I don't know about the O zone, I've been living in the Twilight Zone all my life, LOL! Speaking of metric, they can keep it! The Fahrenheit scale is a lot more accurate than Celsius! I ain't changing now! :icon_fU::D:eek:

I think they should add days to February, taking them from the months that have 31.

You would then end up with the potential of 7 months with 31 days and 5 with 30

You could then redistribute so that Jan and Dec have 31, and then every other month has 30 then 31. The only 2 31's in a row would be Nov/Dec (or could be any...say summer so you'd only have to remember June/July)

I think that would be way easier.

Bernie Sanders would approve.

I work with 10ths of a foot everyday. Much easier than adding fractions of an inch
I don't understand that part. 1/10 of a foot is 1.2 inches, so you're already starting with fractions. If a length was 5 feet and 3- 7/8 inches, how would you show that using 10th of a foot? Educate me. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back