• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things to do & see in Nashville.

You could go to the Pickers store in the old Marathon Motor factory. And while you’re over there, eating at Monel’s is a must. It’s cheap, it’s family style, and it’s out of this world fried chicken.

If you’re going to Cooters, you might as well eat at the Caney Fork restaurant right next door, they got a great catfish plate.

If you’re into guitars, there’s Gruhns and Carters about a mile apart from each other. I would also suggest taking the trolley around town, you get to see all of the recording studios, the Parthenon, and you can get off and on and stay at places as long as you like.

The crew we went to Alaska with a couple of years ago wants to go to Nashville this October. So, what's there to see and do besides Graceland, the Grand Old Oprey & Country Music Hall of Fame? I don't drink so going to bars at night or a distillery tour has zero appeal to me.

Looking at leaving on a Friday & going back home on Monday.

Thoughts?
President Jackson home is very interesting (the Hermitage).

I was there in the mid 70's. Lot's of singers in the local bars (Honkytonks) trying to get famous. Good talent though. But you said you don't drink.

Just did some site seeing, went to Dollywood, I believe it was the year they opened. Got drunk, got laid, went broke. Better than getting stuck in Houston Texas!

From what I'm finding, and hearing from you guys, is that Nashville is more of a city that you stop in and visit a couple sites if you're in the area versus a destination city where there are lots of interesting things to do and sights to see like San Francisco (used to be).

Auto Transport Service
Back