• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Hobby is hard enough without guys like you

RBcoolB

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
So I brought all my chrome for the 69 GTX to the chrome shop. Most of it got done really quick, went up and got what was done the two bumpers were going to take a couple week more. so got the call on a Monday bumpers are done I asked if they could hold till Friday when I was going up to Mopars in the park in Stillwater MN. That Thursday they called, some guy working on a 69 Road Runner from WI. had stopped in to get his chrome and convinced one of the employee that my bumpers were his. The chrome shop has tried calling him to get the bumpers back but last time I called the shop they told me the guy is refusing to answer their calls now. So if you visit this site and you have my bumpers I ask that you message me and I will drive all the way up to get them. Or next time I call the chrome shop I will be getting your name and address and be calling the police and will press charges for having my stolen bumpers. Thanks for letting me vent.

So I brought all my chrome for the 69 GTX to the chrome shop. Most of it got done really quick, went up and got what was done the two bumpers were going to take a couple week more. so got the call on a Monday bumpers are done I asked if they could hold till Friday when I was going up to Mopars in the park in Stillwater MN. That Thursday they called, some guy working on a 69 Road Runner from WI. had stopped in to get his chrome and convinced one of the employee that my bumpers were his. The chrome shop has tried calling him to get the bumpers back but last time I called the shop they told me the guy is refusing to answer their calls now. So if you visit this site and you have my bumpers I ask that you message me and I will drive all the way up to get them. Or next time I call the chrome shop I will be getting your name and address and be calling the police and will press charges for having my stolen bumpers. Thanks for letting me vent.
Brother that's a extra large bag of suck for sure. I hope you can find a resolution without getting too deep in this. Good luck....

It takes all kinds.There are plenty of dishonest people in this hobby.(Everything in general) Sorry for your loss. I'm sure you gotta bite the bullet and move on.Still sucks.I was (my trailer and camper) broken into and robbed at a Mopar race in St.Louis way back in 2006.I still get furious when I think about it to this day.Again, sorry to hear..

That sucks man. Hope karma kicks em in the sack!

I believe the chrome shop is at fault here.

That son if a bitch needs his chrome polished for even doing that!!! good luck getting your stuff back keep posting :elmer:so l know how things work out

Last edited:
Sounds like the chrome shop is on the hook. I can imagine a worker doing something like that now days. Or it's a lame excuse for fn up.

I had a machine shop give me the wrong crankshaft. When I went back they told me who they gave my crank to and told me his address so I could go get it. I did go get it and the guy was nice about it, BUT, that was the job of the guy that screwed up! I never went back to that shop again.
That chrome shop should have sent somebody to get your bumpers that day!
Customer satisfaction just doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore.
Good luck.

I believe the chrome shop is at fault here.
I do NOT give anyones stuff to anyone else except for the guy that dropped it off. I don't care who comes in saying the owner said I can pick it up for them, unless I get a call from the owner specifying another person by name allowed to pick it up, it STAYS. I have had people come in and say, 'Johnny sent me to pick up his stuff', and my response is "Until Johnny calls me, the stuff stays".

I had a machine shop give me the wrong crankshaft. When I went back they told me who they gave my crank to and told me his address so I could go get it. I did go get it and the guy was nice about it, BUT, that was the job of the guy that screwed up! I never went back to that shop again.
That chrome shop should have sent somebody to get your bumpers that day!
Customer satisfaction just doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore.
Good luck.
I put customers initials on cranks/heads/blocks to avoid this exact thing. And, you are correct, it was the SHOPS responsibility to correct the mistake, not you...

I put customers initials on cranks/heads/blocks to avoid this exact thing. And, you are correct, it was the SHOPS responsibility to correct the mistake, not you...
I do the same thing!!!

I would personally hold the Shop responsible
THAT would certainly make me angry and I would want my original bumpers back..
Lawyer anyone?

I'd have the guys name and address yesterday before they go on ebay.

When i sent my heads and block to the machine shop I marked them before they were taken to the machine shop to ensure I got my stuff back. I lightly drilled a series of holes into the casting where it wasnt obvious. I got my stuff back with no problems. But you never know when they have 50 engines in the shop.

IMG_2301[1].JPG IMG_2302[1].JPG

You know l actually do that to my own stuff all off it! to tell you the truth! I've got a die grinder and using a small carbide bit l " tatoo" my initials on different spots even snap a few pics so's I've got all the proof l need just in case :canada:

What a POS.
Hope you get them back.

If the shop won't go get the parts or successfully demand the perpetrator return them

call the cops

now

if it's been more than 24 hours...

call the cops

The last thing a business owner wants is a theft accusation or arrest and the associated bad press.

I think the worst case scenario is that the cops can go to the perp and be "persuasive".

If you still have work at the shop, in my book, you better get a discount.

If you have a balance due, make sure it's paid.

If parts are in their possession, other than the bumpers, I'd consider taking them back unless money is owed on them.

I be telling that Chrome shop,to get your bumpers back,or they will be hearing from your lawyer.

Good luck with that...

the chrome shop is responsible IMO

sucks still

I hope you can get the stuff/bumpers back @RBcoolB

Auto Transport Service
Back