• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This van could be really cool!

SteveSS

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
If you had about $25K on it. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. it's in Cotopaxi, CO. Very pretty tiny Colorado town. Aluminum means no rust.

van.jpg

If you had about $25K on it. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. it's in Cotopaxi, CO. Very pretty tiny Colorado town. Aluminum means no rust.

View attachment 1524270
1950 Ford delivery truck?
It would be a different project....probably quite easy to re-power it with a more modern engine and trans.

View attachment 1524270
Are there more photos?
I have a feeling this is actually pretty rare. Not sure I have ever seen another one with a front end like that. Ford loved their ugly white painted "fat bars" horizontally on the front for decades. This seems very un-Ford-like.

1950 Ford delivery truck?
It would be a different project....probably quite easy to re-power it with a more modern engine and trans.
Ford did not make anything, ever, easy to repower. At no time did they ever consider using the same motor mounts or transmission pattern or driveshaft length for anything, even within the same car. The 302/351W is about the closest they ever came and half the accessories don't swap, including the balancer or flywheel.
But,
Die hard Ford guys know that and will spend stupid money to have custom fab work done to make it how it is in their heads. So it is certainly possible. More likely someone would drop a 350 Chebby in there instead because GM is easy. Boring, but easy.

The ad has lots of pics.

Some geology. Cotopaxi is a famous volcano in Ecuador. You might not think of volcanoes when you picture the Rocky Mountains but they have plenty. A regular mountain is just a really slow volcano.

Last edited:
Thank you sir! Tech and linking are not strong with this one

You do realize that aluminum does corrode ? Anywhere there is blistering with white powder is corrosion. It doesnt look as bad as rust, but is just as severe.

You do realize that aluminum does corrode ? Anywhere there is blistering with white powder is corrosion. It doesnt look as bad as rust, but is just as severe.
Yes sir, oxidation. Had an aluminum bodied step van. Salt will help with the process.

my chinese aluminum storm door turned to dust

Auto Transport Service
Back