• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Title issues in California versus Arizona.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
I have a car that I bought here in California that was supposed to be a parts car. I've had this car since 2007.
As these cars get fewer and fewer in numbers, it makes sense to save them when possible. It is mostly complete.
I never got paperwork on it. I know ways to get legitimate titles here in California but what about Arizona? Here in CA, they do a VIN verification and in doing so, the car needs to have an engine, be operational and mostly complete. One signs a statement of facts and along with a couple other documents, it is an easy process.
I know that some states don't require titles for cars after a certain age.
This isn't a high dollar car, just a 318 Duster. I want to get the paperwork in order to make it easier to sell. I'm just wondering how hard it might be to take to Arizona when we move and get it registered there.
Who has insight on this?

Do it in Commiefornia first, you’re there. Then when ya make the move, it’ll easy peasy to get an Arizona title.

A bonded title is pretty easy to get in AZ. The bond can be a little pricey as it's based on the top dollar of the cars value regardless of condition. I went through my insurance Co (State Farm) and paid $100 for the bond and total cost of around $250.

Auto Transport Service
Back