• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Topping out at about 90mph

Might want to check the exhaust back pressure. You may be constipated. Can't go fast if you can't poo. Maybe a baffle or some other piece came loose in a muffler.

Others ive talk to have said maybe trans is slipping, but im sure i would feel like its slipping. Especially when at higher rpms

Honestly, Im thinkin that should be the first place you look. You said the trans is new, right? Have you drained the fluid (or at least looked on the dipstick) after a high speed run to see if there are any (God forbid) metal flakes in it?

Is the speedometer gear, in the transmission, rated for a smaller tire. It seems you already have bigger tires than you thought. If gear is for smaller tires, bigger tires will give you slower read on speedometer.

Might want to check the exhaust back pressure. You may be constipated. Can't go fast if you can't poo. Maybe a baffle or some other piece came loose in a muffler.
Running with open headers lol. Think that’s about as open as u can get

Is the speedometer gear, in the transmission, rated for a smaller tire. It seems you already have bigger tires than you though. If gear is for smaller tires, bigger tires will give you slower read on speedometer.
I am using a gps speedo, this app has alway been fairly accurate for me usually with +/- 5mph max

Maybe what you feel 3rd gear kicking is it trying to but not? Is there an rpm drop?

sounds like somethings slipping, fluid smell burnt?
Last week when I changed converter i also changed the fluid. Looked ok and had some glitter in the trans fluid. But i would think if it was slipping i would feel it? Maybe im wrong?

IDK my man, Im at a loss. Ill just make some popcorn for everybody and see what you can come up with :)

popcorn (2).gif

Auto Transport Service
Back