• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trivia Tuesday

Maybe rod or piston slap quickly rev up and let fall to idle knock get louder?
A bit of orange peel in paint

You could drop the oil pan and check the rods on the crank end. Sounds to me like its in the rotating assembly. Do the same video from under the car by the oil pan. Make sure to chalk the tires and be safe doing so.

You can definitely pinpoint the area with a mechanics stethoscope. Being careful of moving parts of course.
I lost one in a fan belt.
Screenshot_20210727-111400_Chrome.jpg

I think I’m a run to Harbor freight and get a stethoscope and see what is going on One other question if I unbolt the four bolts holding the torque converter to the flex plate and push the torque converter back as far as it will go can I start the engine and check for knock ?

I never tried that. Not sure if the spinning flex plate welds would smack something.
Anyone here attempt that?

That's Piston Slap !

Let me guess here.... "stroker" with short skirt Piston C.D. and you got it Bored & Honed somewhere that didn't have a BB Mopar Torque Plate ?

= Piston Slap

It end up being a spun bearing 2 cylinders used a stethoscope and took the pan odd last night. Now the car will sit going on a week of camping . Will start working on the car when it cools down. Thanks for all the information it really help.

Auto Transport Service
Back