• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tropical Storm Ida projected to hit as a Cat 3, maybe 4...

Steve texted me to let us know they're alright. Flooded yard with 4.5 feet of water but water was 1 foot lower than his house. Power likely to be out one week. The Roadrunner is good to go.

4½+ feet of water in my yard. All the water came in overnight after midnight. Winds out of due South blew water up as Ida passed to the west. Level dropping and hopefully not coming up again. I don't expect any rising water, but still have 4 feet in the yard. Raised house missed flooding by 1 foot. Roadrunner safe at my friend's house. It would have been submerged over the roof. Verizon is (like Katrina) about the only cell service working, but barely. Most communications are via text. It took a long time to post this reply.
Entergy power co for New Orleans has MAJOR problems. All 8 main transmission lines are down. One main power tower fell into the Mississippi River. Entire greater New Orleans area power is OUT.
I don't expect to have power from CLECO for at least a week. Stuff floating everywhere in my yard.
It's going to take a LOT of work to clean up.
911 service out everywhere.
I can't even text pictures.
But...I'm still grateful for God's Grace. There are many who lost everything. I don't think there are many fatalities like the thousands who died in Katrina.

Heard the Mississippi river was running South to North.

Nice to know you're OK @biomedtechguy
& not completely underwater/flooding

thanks for the updates

the wilderness of one state is burning
& another's is flooded

Mother Nature is a cruel bitch

hang in there bud/Steve

Glad y'all are ok!! Been watching mostly on the weather channel and don't think they've been showing all of the devastation because they can't get to it yet. Port Fourchon clocked a gust at 172 and thought dayam!

It's looking as if could have been worse. Which is excellent news as of this Monday. Hopefully mother nature can give the area a break?

We survived the storm in good condition, family in good condition, house has no damage. We have no power, we are on house generator, no internet and iffy Verizon cell service. No flooding just tons of debris. Compared to some we are extremely blessed. My family and I are thankful to all for your thoughts and prayers.
Ron

We survived the storm in good condition, family in good condition, house has no damage. We have no power, we are on house generator, no internet and iffy Verizon cell service. No flooding just tons of debris. Compared to some we are extremely blessed. My family and I are thankful to all for your thoughts and prayers.
Ron
Glad you and yours are okay Ron..thanks for the update.

Whewwwww, glad you guys are okay!!!

Glad y'all are ok!! Been watching mostly on the weather channel and don't think they've been showing all of the devastation because they can't get to it yet. Port Fourchon clocked a gust at 172 and thought dayam!

That's where the oil tankers bring all the crude from the Gulf. It's $500 million a day for every day the refinery doesn't operate. Fill your tanks up gang!

We're already getting rain and some wind here and tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

upload_2021-8-30_18-16-16.png

UPDATE:
I couldn't post this earlier, but cell service, at least Verizon is getting better. ATT had a problem earlier, as did T-Mobile.
Anyway, water has been going down all day, but still about 2 feet deep.
Here's a couple of pictures of what I woke up to
This detached garage is where I usually keep my Roadrunner. Fortunately I moved it, again, to my friend's garage.
20210830_063524.jpg

Van up on the ramp, maybe got the tail dunked, but it's ok.
20210830_063908.jpg

My pool was under 2 feet of water inside the mesh and short vinyl picket fence.
20210830_062830.jpg

Everything under the long lean to is ruined or floated away
20210830_063610.jpg

If Colorado Springs was destroyed by an avalanche every ten years or so I would consider moving. Your choices are your choices. You have to live with the consequences and not always ask for a bailout. Oh and thank the Lord, what? Why did he spare you and not others? Who sent the hurricane? Sorry but I do not put up with religious speak when it's hurtful to others who for some reason didn't receive the grace of God.

If Colorado Springs was destroyed by an avalanche every ten years or so I would consider moving. Your choices are your choices. You have to live with the consequences and not always ask for a bailout. Oh and thank the Lord, what? Why did he spare you and not others? Who sent the hurricane? Sorry but I do not put up with religious speak when it's hurtful to others who for some reason didn't receive the grace of God.
But you have to deal with all the EX California liberals?? Much worse in my opinion

And your governor has been on TV telling all of you guys to sign up for FEMA help. Power is down and cell coverage is real spotty.(thanks again"your government " at any level). How's about real live bodies being there,NOW?! Everyone knew it was coming and a day later doesn't really cut it, IMO. There are times,I really wonder why we pay taxes to any locale.

Auto Transport Service
Back