• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tropical Storm Ida projected to hit as a Cat 3, maybe 4...

Glad to hear you are ok Bio & Ron. Still have not heard about family in Plaquemine. They been through plenty of these and am pretty confident they are ok.
Buddy of mine who ships out of Fourchon sent pics, I haven't seen the likes of since Ike hit Galveston. It's a mangled mess of steel, boats, siding and other industrial materials. Heard Grand Isle is no more and the the bridge is unusable.
Stay safe!

Last edited:
If Colorado Springs was destroyed by an avalanche every ten years or so I would consider moving. Your choices are your choices. You have to live with the consequences and not always ask for a bailout. Oh and thank the Lord, what? Why did he spare you and not others? Who sent the hurricane? Sorry but I do not put up with religious speak when it's hurtful to others who for some reason didn't receive the grace of God.
If you would understand this isn't Gods work you would be better off!

Please leave the political crap out of the general forum!! Everybody here knows where it's supposed to go.....

Well, there goes another one on the ignore list. :rolleyes:

Glad that all-in-all you're good out there, Steve.

Glad to hear you are ok Bio & Ron. Still have not heard about family in Plaquemine. They been through plenty of these and am pretty confident they are ok.
Biddy of mine who ships out of Fourchon sent pics, I haven't seen the likes of since Ike hit Galveston. It's a mangled mess of steel, boats, siding and other industrial materials. Heard Grand Isle is no more and the the bridge is unusable.
Stay safe!
Mike,
Thanks. Plaquemine Parish was hit hard with flooding in the lower lying areas. Hoping your friends are good. Communications and power problems are widespread, so they may have issues reaching out. We have improved communications, but I’m still on gen power. We’re extremely lucky, as the heat index is forecast to be high today.
Thanks for your well wishes.
Ron

@Ronnman and all who have been hit by Ida, I wish you the best as I know how hard this is to deal with.
Water continues to drop, I could actually see it moving as I waded around in my yard in knee high boots. About 1⅔ feet deep, but I expect to be able to drive out soon. Animals and insects trying to find anywhere "not water" makes for interesting encounters and observations. A tiny pine snake swam by as I spoke w/my brother in law this morning in the yard. Balls of thousands of ants, one atop the other, clinging to floating debris. A fox we've seen in our yard on a regular basis was on top of a shed, and not in his usual hurry to run (in this case swim) off immediately upon seeing us.
The Entergy main power line tower that fell over in Ida that has ALL of New Orleans w/out power is one of those big, steel, multi angular braced behemoths. Basically what you may expect. It was even recently inspected. It collapsed onto the ground in Avondale, but the power lines fell into the Mississippi River.
Grand Isle definitely has NOT been "washed away" like someone had suggested, and lots of the raised camps, houses, and buildings are visible from the air, but of course most have some kind of wind or water damage.
My Verizon service is crazy. Fluctuates from barely being able to send a text to being able to watch HD video streaming.
Again, thanks to all for your interest and concerns.

UPDATE:
I couldn't post this earlier, but cell service, at least Verizon is getting better. ATT had a problem earlier, as did T-Mobile.
Anyway, water has been going down all day, but still about 2 feet deep.
Here's a couple of pictures of what I woke up to
This detached garage is where I usually keep my Roadrunner. Fortunately I moved it, again, to my friend's garage. View attachment 1160870
Van up on the ramp, maybe got the tail dunked, but it's ok.
View attachment 1160871
My pool was under 2 feet of water inside the mesh and short vinyl picket fence.
View attachment 1160872
Everything under the long lean to is ruined or floated away
View attachment 1160874
That sucks...

good thing is you are all OK...

lots of clean up

43207839.jpg

We survived the storm in good condition, family in good condition, house has no damage. We have no power, we are on house generator, no internet and iffy Verizon cell service. No flooding just tons of debris. Compared to some we are extremely blessed. My family and I are thankful to all for your thoughts and prayers.
Ron
Glad you're doing well or OK too...

sucks having to deal with that ****...

If Colorado Springs was destroyed by an avalanche every ten years or so I would consider moving. Your choices are your choices. You have to live with the consequences and not always ask for a bailout. Oh and thank the Lord, what? Why did he spare you and not others? Who sent the hurricane? Sorry but I do not put up with religious speak when it's hurtful to others who for some reason didn't receive the grace of God.
Why not just send best wishes to people going through a difficult time ? I'm sure they would if your house was covered by an avalanche, rather than just telling you, tough luck chuck.

Why not just send best wishes to people going through a difficult time ? I'm sure they would if your house was covered by an avalanche, rather than just telling you, tough luck chuck.

Glad I don't have to look at my ignore list to see who you are referencing. :thumbsup:

Is this the steel power super structure that supposedly fell into the river? 12 minutes into the video.

Yes! The power lines it held up fell into the Mississippi River, as I said in an earlier post.
I got my well water pump working, plugged into a 2nd generator @ 220v.
Today I'm going out for gasoline, as I'm into my 14 gal last container.
You can see by the debris line it was about a foot from getting in the house.
20210901_094654.jpg

Laney doing fine, as are the other two dogs and mini pig. They're even happier now that they have more room to "use the bathroom". Me too, now that I don't have to flush with buckets of storm water.
20210831_160319.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back