• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTi 62-65 engine mount issue with oil filter adapter

srw-409

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
One of the small hurdles swapping a gen-iii into an early b-body is how the TTi spool type mount encroaches on the oil filter boss on the engine block. There are multiple types of 45/90 degree adapters but each one looks like it‘ll require modifications to the mount.

I could run the remote oil filter lines & adapter but I’m leaning towards using this 45 degree adapter and modifying the mount. I’d be interested in hearing what others have done that have done a similar swap or if there are other options?

8814FC57-2BD5-47C8-A407-55BF3B9CDD53.jpeg

55C9795D-40E4-49CB-ADA4-33AD49189C2B.jpeg

Didn't TTI come up with an answer for that issue?
Mike

The only solution that I know of from TTi is the block off plate and remote oil filter. For whatever reason TTi offset the spool towards the front of the motor, they could‘ve offset it rearward and there would likely be enough room. I’m probably going to trim the mount bracket to fit the 45 degree adapter as long as it doesn’t interfere with k-member. I’ll be able to tell once I get it.

B9529473-DFE9-44C2-9C50-8ABB99BC0BCB.jpeg

I did this swap into my 64’ Polara 500. I used a 68’ up B body k-frame, TTI mounts and Schumacher poly engine mounts. It did move the engine back and gained quite a bit of room for the radiator/fan combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back