• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTi Exhaust

Runner 68

Tarnished Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, TTi's parts fit like no other's out there. They make awesome products. I will continue to buy from them.
Ran into a minor issue recently with tail pipe hangars that bugs me. The hangars that came with the full header back kit for a 68 Road Runner included the tail pipe hangars as shown below.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but these are Charger hangers, right?

IMG_3791.jpg

Their diagram shows the following. Their default hangars are described as "Most common 68-70 tailpipe mount". I suppose they are for a Charger. They list another side mount "On Request" that looks more like an A body tail pipe mount to me.

IMG_3790.jpg

In my experience the typical B Body (Except Charger) is designed like the pic below which matches the frame mounting locations of my 68 Runner.

1712618535162.png

When I called them, they said "We only make the two hangar mounts and have never had an issue with this before, we'll have the tech guy call you back". Of course, crickets.
Again, I love TTi but WTF? I have the correct units coming but am interested to hear the brain trust chime in on the topic.

I don't care what anyone says about any header brands.....I have yet to fit a set that didn't need at least one 'clearancing ding' to make them fit nice.

And that includes the TTI set I fitted a few years ago.

The only exception to my statement above is the newly fitted Patriot Hugger style headers on my A100 - they fit like a glove. :thumbsup: (Not O.J.'s either) :rolleyes:

I don't care what anyone says about any header brands.....I have yet to fit a set that didn't need at least one 'clearancing ding' to make them fit nice.

The only exception to my statement above is the newly fitted Patriot Hugger style headers on my A100 - they fit like a glove. :thumbsup: (Not O.J.'s either) :rolleyes:
My TTI headers fit without dinging, but I had to loop a ratchet strap around the DS header collector and the PS torsion bar then crank like hell to bend the pipe away from the DS torsion bar. I was able to tweak it over about 1/2" and gain the necessary clearance. Maybe it's my car because the Hookers hit in the same location.

FWIW the TTI tailpipe hangers suck, they were easily bent and lacked the tab that locks into the frame rail. Reproductions of the factory hangers are much better IMHO...

My TTI headers fit without dinging, but I had to loop a ratchet strap around the DS header collector and the PS torsion bar then crank like hell to bend the pipe away from the DS torsion bar. I was able to tweak it over about 1/2" and gain the necessary clearance. Maybe it's my car because the Hookers hit in the same location.

FWIW the TTI tailpipe hangers suck, they were easily bent and lacked the tab that locks into the frame rail. Reproductions of the factory hangers are much better IMHO...
Exactly. Those hangers that they supply by default are made for the Chargers, not the rest of the B Bodies. The Chargers had an extra frame section to accept them.
The typical B Body does not.

When I called them, they said "We only make the two hangar mounts and have never had an issue with this before, we'll have the tech guy call you back". Of course, crickets.
Well, they are telling you a little fib because I have talked to them at least twice for this same issue. Ended up buying the correct hangers from Mega Parts.

Well, they are telling you a little fib because I have talked to them at least twice for this same issue. Ended up buying the correct hangers from Mega Parts.
I ordered a correct set today as well. Mega Parts was out of stock as just about everyone else was. Had to pay the Classic Industries premium plus expedited shipping to insure they showed up this week. We have plans to button up the exhaust this weekend. One would think that a $1,000 exhaust system, made by Mopar experts, would at least have the correct hangars. I'll give them a pass on this one because their stuff does fit well.

I am getting so tired of this bullsh!t. Lack of responsiveness by vendors, no calls returned, f**k ups by the "technical experts", shipping delays. Glad this is my last build.

TTi even played the 'ol "Sir, we have specialized in Mopar A, B and E body for many many years" schtick on me. Implying that they are all knowing and I'm just a f**king moron. After 12 or so A, B and E Body builds I think I know a thing or two.
No doubt they make a fine product but still.

Maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Elk, did you have any trouble slipping the TTi tab on the tailpipe into the correct hangar?

I suppose that really depends on the block Kiwi. 440s and Hemis, yes.
On a low deck, all of their stuff has fit like a glove for me so far. We'll see about the 3" exhaust this weekend.
I originally wanted to stroke a 440 for this build. My engine designer talked me out of it. Went with a low deck. Wise old dude. Glad he did.
No clearance issues anywhere, even on the torsion bars. Things are tight but I can see where a RB block would cause issues.

I guarantee my TrickFlow track heat manifold would not have fit under the stock Runner hood on a an RB block

I did this car for a client several years back. 493 stroker RB motor. 4spd car TTI headers and 3inch pipes all the way to the tips. I dont remember any dents or dings in them anywhere. But its been close to ten years maybe since done
So, Maybe???

I will say, It was REAL tight in the back getting it in place with no rattles.
From outside the bldg it sounds like someone inside beating on the tin wall.

Last edited:
The correct hangers showed up today. See below.
Correct typical B Body on the left / top. Charger only on the right / bottom.
My guess is that TTi figured they could add the weld between the bolt tab and the block (3rd hangar in the second pic below) to give it a little more rigidity. That way they only have to stock one hangar. Again just guessing. Still probably not as sturdy as the correct design.
I'll send them this same message with pics so maybe some other poor bastard doesn't have to deal with it in the future. I'm sure it will go over like a fart in church.
Hopefully future FFBO members will find this helpful.
I'm $100 lighter after CI pricing and expedited shipping to keep this project moving. One would think that a company that charges $1,000 for a complete Mopar specific exhaust system would have their $$hit together.
Onward and upward.

IMG_3800.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back