upholstery material source

1968-1970 Dodge Charger Forum

1. Dakotaacres

Dakotaacres Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    I have a local upholstery shop willing to reupholstery my seats in my 68 charger. Dark metallic green 430 and Light metallic green 432. But she hasn't been able to fine a source for the material yet.
    Does anyone have a source?
    I know Legendary has the complete covers but she is willing to reupholster the buckets for $250 each.

2. Jerry Hall

Jerry Hall FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    SMS auto fabrics will probably be able to get it. They are high IMO, but the fabrics are spot on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • 1974ChargerSE

1974ChargerSE Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      10:00 AM
      I have a full set of green set covers from a 74 Charger SE that were removed this year. While the body shop was replacing a rear quarter, they set the plastic interior quarter panel on fire. Minor, but melted the panel and a spot on the lower rear seat at the right floor. They replaced the panel and rear seat, and I replaced the front seats, as they were pulling apart at the seams.
      There may be enough green material for your use (cheap), and I can check if you think the colors (Jade Green) would match....

• Dakotaacres

Dakotaacres Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Sorry I just notice you comment now.
      I did purchase the SMS material and had the local shop do it. Looks good but the creases/folds don't look right compared to the originals seats. She said it's new, may take time to settle(?). I don't have a clue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.