• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Use stering parts from 5th Ave?

YY1

Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Can I use the pittman/idler arms from my 5th Ave?

I've been told I can use the steering box and that it could be a "firm feel".
I've also ben told that I have to use the pittman arm to do it. How about center link?

The pitt and idler look strange, like they've been cast to go around the wide K freme on the M body. It looks like they might interfere with the "normal" T bars on my 66.

How about the column joint?

making good progress on the disk conversion and building walls/hanging roll up doors and runnig electrical in "garage" at same time. Will post on "projects" thread soon.

Thanks.

Wow. nobody knows. I was told the other day, that the splines are different, yet I have also been told that you can use the pittman and idler from the M body as well. They have a severe hook in them. I'd sure like to know, since I know my M body box works and doesn't leak. The 66 box is a crapshoot and I'd hate to have to swap it out AFTER I put a motor in. The M body COULD also be "firm feel". That'd be nice.

Yes as long as you transfer the pitman idler and gear box from your 5th ave it will work.

Thanks but now the engine is in. I still may crawl under and reasses swaping all that as I just priced pittman arms and they ar $85+ and another 65+ for the idler (mines bent). I know the M body stuff is good. Looks like the center link might have to swap too.

Wonder how the clearance is affected with respect to exhaust and T bars.

I've also heard 73-79 B body has the same splines and size as the M, but is shaped more like the "regular" earlier B style. They are cheaper, too,

Auto Transport Service
Back