• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN Number - Price Class = Premium

tddawson

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at a '67 Coronet, and the second character is a 'P', which stands for 'Premium'. What exactly does 'Premium' mean? (the rest of the code is: WP23F77xxxxx)

I understand that the second character is usually referred to as the 'Price Class' or 'Submodel'

This car has 500 taillights and side emblems, but not the 500 grill. Is this a Coronet 500 missing it's grill, or is this some other trim level Coronet pretending to be a 500?

It's a really nice car regardless, but I am curious about what it was born as from the factory.

Thanks!

VIN.jpg

I'm pretty sure WH would be a Coronet 440 and WP is the 500. Grille could have been replaced, as was mine.

I think you are both correct -
I stumbled over this:
1967 Coronet Deluxe WL21 and 41
1967 Coronet 440 WH23, 27 and 41
1967 Coronet 500 WP23, 27 and 41

Source: http://www.glenwood76.com/Coronet_Production_65_76.htm

This seems like a legit site, so it would appear that I am looking at a real Coronet 500! I hear the original grills are hard to come by...

Thanks for your help!

Auto Transport Service
Back