• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage garage stuff

I've got one of those Sun performance tester along with the hydrocarbon/carbon monoxide tester, no idea what I will ever do with them... garage art at this point.

Here's some pics of some of the stuff that fills my garage. Part of my oil/wax/grease/whatever
collection. A Sun model TDT-11 dwell and tach on roll around stand with a dozen or so tune up cards for 440's and 383's from 1966 to 1971. A Kal Equip Tunemaster kit including instructions, warranty cards, and engine specs for 1948 - 1958. A few of my dwell-tachs. I have 2 other Penske's that are older than this one SOMEWHERE.View attachment 743841 View attachment 743844 View attachment 743845 View attachment 743846 View attachment 743848 View attachment 743850
I've got the same Sears Engine Analyzer. And it still works!

0205200610a.jpg
0228200607.jpg

Just got this vintage Northern Electric payphone up and running out in the shop. Didn't really need a land line out there but it looks cool and functions correctly. Didn't really restore it, just cleaned it up a bit, but left it in the patina'd state. It still had a phone number on the dial card. Checked it out and it is still an active number in Terrance Bay Ontario, about 1400 km. from my place. I would love to know the story of this 50 year old piece. With all this pandemic down time these little projects are getting knocked off.

Shop Phone 2.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this vintage Northern Electric payphone up and running out in the shop. Didn't really need a land line out there but it looks cool and functions correctly. Didn't really restore it, just cleaned it up a bit, but left it in the patina'd state. It still had a phone number on the dial card. Checked it out and it is still an active number in Terrance Bay Ontario, about 1400 km. from my place. I would love to know the story of this 50 year old piece. With all this pandemic down time these little projects are getting knocked off.

View attachment 1040914

GTFO! I've been wantin one for awhile, other life priorities come 1st.!:thumbsup:

Just got this vintage Northern Electric payphone up and running out in the shop.

I always wanted a payphone, but have never been able to find an affordable one. I do have this vintage original Detroit city police call box. My garage phone is inside.
12191.jpg

I saw a Coke machine at a shop today with Tony Stewart on it.

I've been storing this one for 15 years for a friend, it's time for it to be gone.
12192.jpg

I always wanted a payphone, but have never been able to find an affordable one. I do have this vintage original Detroit city police call box. My garage phone is inside.
View attachment 1042784

I've been storing this one for 15 years for a friend, it's time for it to be gone.
View attachment 1042787

I'll have to get a picture of it next time I get up there. I'm pretty sure it had this cover on it. Heck it's sitting outside. (Not in use)
CMC_1718.jpeg

My buddy had one of the plexiglass front pieces with a Detroit Piston on it. He left it at a consignment shop hoping to sell it, a Coke rep saw it in the shop and confiscated it.

This was in the lobby of the TV repair shop I worked at from 1979 to 1984. It's dated 1951, and has written on the back that the bulbs were replaced in 1972.
The shop closed in 1989 and I asked the owner to save that clock for me. I got it in 2003 when he went into a nursing home and sold off his estate.

20180817_182318.jpg

I am jealous! Very cool. I love the test pattern. What is the name brand on the tube? I found this little sign a while back. Two-sided, hand painted I believe. Wow, I just realized they have the same saying - Right...for sound and sight! The tube box is the same also. Makes me wonder if they came from the same radio / TV supply company?

12193.jpg

Last edited:
I am jealous! Very cool. I love the test pattern. What is the name brand on the tube? I found this little sign a while back. Two-sided, hand painted I believe. Wow, I just realized they have the same saying - Right...for sound and sight! The tube box is the same also. Makes me wonder if they came from the same radio / TV supply company?

View attachment 1042931
Yes your sign is for the same brand tube as my clock, which is Raytheon brand tubes.
I have friends who work at Raytheon Tucson and on occasion when I find a Raytheon tube bad in a radio I ask them to find me a replacement. Kind of odd to know that billion dollar defense contractors once made $1.19 replacement tubes for radios and TVs.

Made some more acquisitions. A Roberk add on 4 way flasher. A Chrysler 8 track. I don't know if you could buy these, or if they were only given away promotionally. A cigarette lighter plug in spotlight. NOS rear window defogger. The Norway washer fluid is a concentrate. One ounce per half gallon water in the summer, and two ounces in the winter. Veedol and Shell oil change reminders. The Shell is meant to be put on the dipstick through the slot in the middle. The Veedol is a mystery to me because it is made of metal with no adhesive on the back. What were you supposed to do with it? Put it in the glove box? Erase it and reuse?

1286.jpg 1287.jpg 1288.jpg 1289.jpg 12810.jpg 12811.jpg

For those hatched in the early 60's or later, me in 58, these photos will be nostalgic. Remember the days of film strips and records being used at school? I got this stuff back in the late 90's when I was working at a Jeep/GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealer. These are old factory dealership training materials for late 40's to early 50's Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge/DeSoto. This is a self contained set up with the records and films in one box with the projector, screen and record player in another.

0FDB721A-E502-4936-A1BD-933D8EA0B3CE.jpeg 366C9F91-22C0-4560-B6DA-B58D67770CA6.jpeg AA990D64-9688-4917-9B9B-5F783ACAF753.jpeg F5CA5644-AE73-4B06-898A-6068439F0038.jpeg ECCD2729-04FB-4199-8FE9-B192D6109296.jpeg CC626984-AAA2-41D4-BFD6-DB9CFF6A4328.jpeg

Photos of a couple items I have in my garage. My brother found ihe can of fabric cleaner at an auction. I bought the five star award and Challenger at a dealership closing auction. I had bought cars at this dealership. Chrysler took away their franchise during the 2008 downturn. They continued in business until last year and sold out their last location.
20210202_170613.jpg
20210202_170748.jpg
20210202_170845.jpg

Photos of a couple items I have in my garage. My brother found ihe can of fabric cleaner at an auction. I bought the five star award and Challenger at a dealership closing auction. I had bought cars at this dealership. Chrysler took away their franchise during the 2008 downturn. They continued in business until last year and sold out their last location.View attachment 1063528 View attachment 1063529 View attachment 1063530
I remember Colerain Dodge. I lived in Cincinnati 1983 to 1989. Bought my Plymouth Tourismo Duster at Jake Sweeney.

Auto Transport Service
Back