• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waking up the beast

Got started on the battery relocation today. It's more work than I expected. I mounted the box and the battery in the trunk but didn't do the wiring yet. I had to loosen the left header so I could remove the starter to access the cable to the starter. Pulled out the battery cables and then it got cold and dark. I'm waiting on the fiberglass bumper because that is where I'm going to mount the shutoff switch. Tomorrow it's going to be raining so I'll probably get all the wires run to where they need to be.

Attachments

• battery box.jpg
    battery box.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 201
Got started on the battery relocation today. It's more work than I expected. I mounted the box and the battery in the trunk but didn't do the wiring yet. I had to loosen the left header so I could remove the starter to access the cable to the starter. Pulled out the battery cables and then it got cold and dark. I'm waiting on the fiberglass bumper because that is where I'm going to mount the shutoff switch. Tomorrow it's going to be raining so I'll probably get all the wires run to where they need to be.

I don't think you want to mount the shutoff switch on the fiberglass bumper, just sayin'

I wasn't sure of what the rear (inside the trunk) of your light looked like.
So I guess the push/pull rod will be the way for you to go.
No ground required.

I wasn't sure of what the rear (inside the trunk) of your light looked like.
So I guess the push/pull rod will be the way for you to go.
No ground required.

Are you sure the cutoff switch doesn't need to be grounded for it to be operational?

Are you sure the cutoff switch doesn't need to be grounded for it to be operational?

My taillight is plastic and I don't have any seperate
ground wire so I'd have to say it's not grounded and it's worked that way since installed.

more progress & better weight transfer to boot,
looken' good

I decided to go with a mono leaf Independent rear suspension![/QUOTE]

:buttkick: :rolling::rolling::rolling:

:poke::poke::poke::tongueflap::tongueflap::tongueflap::violent1::eek:s_dancing2:

Made a little progress today. I cut all my wire to length for my battery relocation. the box is mounted in back all holes are drilled and fitted with grommets and all terminal ends are made up. I just need to figure out the cutoff switch mounting location and do all the connections. Also finished up with the master cylinder installation. If the sun ever comes out, I'll push it out of the garage and bleed the brakes. also plugged the vacuum port on the intake.

Auto Transport Service
Back