• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waking up the beast

Just read thru this thread and found it very enjoyable and informative. It is amazing at the knowledge on this forum. Keep up with the good work on the car. It is an amazing machine.

Just read thru this thread and found it very enjoyable and informative. It is amazing at the knowledge on this forum. Keep up with the good work on the car. It is an amazing machine.
Thanks for the compliment.

- - - Updated - - -

:

You haven't met SUPERBOBTILE in person.:icon_redface:

Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!

Bobtile is installing a stroud parachute once the sun comes out because he's so bright.

I'm actually installing a Simpson chute because you want me to get a stroud

Went out into the garage today. Then went back in the house. It was cold.

The diet on the GTX continues. Front and rear bumpers came in yesterday. I'll be getting my roll bar soon so I'll be adding more weight back. With what I've taken out and what's going back in, I'll still be down on weight and up a bit in power. Also the chassis will be much stiffer.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 238
I see fish on your wall, does this mean you tend to fudge your stories a bit?:icon_winkle: Nice score on the bumpers, a little silver paint and mount (not on the wall either). I also made my brackets out of alum when i did mine for more weight savings!

Those fish were telling human stories, so I killed them. I'm having aluminum brackets made as well.

I like the reverse light recess, my old ones didn't have that. I have seen on Overhaulin they can spray paint to look like chrome. I think a black base and silver top coat?

I don't like the light recesses. I may cover them.

Bobtile my morbid curiosity again..LOL

:headbang: remind me, por favor {attempt a Espagnol}
what brand of bumpers they are ??
how much ??
how quick did you get them ??,
so I don't have to go thru the whole tread to find it...

:headbang: remind me, por favor {attempt a Espagnol}
what brand of bumpers they are ??
how much ??
how quick did you get them ??,
so I don't have to go thru the whole tread to find it...

I'll answer for him because he's probably busy again with his lovely wife. :downtown:

He got the AAR/Stinger fiberglass bumpers and he got them pretty quickly.
He told me he wasn't thrilled with the quality finish but he might have had a few :VB toast:when he told me.

They took less than a week to get. They were 169.00 each plus 50 bucks shipping for the both of them. Gel coat looked thin, flaking off in a couple spots and some "casting flash" on the front bumper that needs sanded. Not bad though.

Su español es aceptable

bob I have a set of 4.89 posi
Since the tile for my job didn't make it to the job today, I decided to put my 4.10's back in. Up from the 3.55's that are there now. I want to see if this wakes her up off the line a little next week.

Bob, have you done a check on your heads? Wondering how they held up so far. Did you do anything to them after getting them?

Auto Transport Service
Back