• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch Counting Cars?

What up with painting Chrome **** Black.??.The gas cap on the Mustang was painted Black and the Front and Rear Bumpers and Head light surround on the GTO were painted Black ?..I thought it looked terrible..Rick thinks his Mustang is worth $50K..Now..:eusa_think:.??? How much more and you could have a Real Shelby GT350?? I thought at $12,500 for the base car to start with was way too much to pay for the shape it was in. The best one was the 68 Camaro, buyer never drives it ,only thing he does is sit in it and look at it for a few seconds and 90 seconds later buys it for $33,000 ..Last time I sold a car the buyer spent 90 seconds looking under just the Drivers Seat !!!!! Only on T.V. :icon_fU: What a Joke......Rick

Camaro brought $35K.

I agree the black on the the GTO looked like crap. I have watched the show for the first and last time. COUNT me out.

i watch the show for what it is,entertainment.like almost all reality shows on tv,not very realistic.

The main reason I started my Project Pittsbird Roadrunner was I got so tired of hearing how expensive it is to own and fix up an old Mopar. My car is almost through paint and body, the interior is 99% done, and I have pretty much everything I need to finish the car out and I haven't even broken the $8K mark, and that's including buying the car. You buy the right car, at the right price, and make smart decisions about how you spend your money, and anyone can restore a car for a whole lot less than what other people do.

I liked it a lot more than 'Fast n Loud'. Some of their 'restorations' seemed questionable, at best. Too many (most) of these shows are about doing a car for a quick buck. The guy from Counting Cars seems to have a lot of enthusiasm for cars which I liked. In the show tonight he kept a GTO, despite having a buyer and a good profit, just because he liked it.

He Also Seems Too Have Pretty Deep Pockets Too!

these shows in some way are ok but,they have an unending budget.like stacey david with the cougar , yeah its great how you can learn how to do this all by yourself,but how many of us has the money to throw that kind of motor into it.by the time i could get the money for that motor I might be too old to do it myself.yeah I have to put two daughters threw college.thats my priority right now.

I have owned alot of different cars and I see some of you given it to the mustang and it is not a mopar but it is alot of bang for the buck!and it never left production.don`t get me wrong im were i want to be now with the mopar and the people on this sight,you guys are the best!!!!

At least West Customs has changed up their show where it more about the car building and less shop drama.

All these cars are bullshit and so are the producers

These cars are camera cars ,in real life there 10 footers
There not as good as YOU would think they are

But tv sells product and dreams
Not reality
Even though it's reality tv

I would agree not much reality in these shows. I saw preview for tonight's show, there is a superbird in it. Not really sure what that means though.

Two guys I know work for them now (I hope it lasts) They will be doing a Charger soon.
They called looking for parts like a dip stick and a torque converter cover shield.
Don't know when it will air but least it will be a Mopar.

The Superbird is from a local that's in the Mopars of Las Vegas Car club. Fun to watch cars and people that you know.

T.V. Car Shows

Geez, would it not be great to make the so called profit these guys have made on these cars ??...Bought a 1983 Lincoln for $5800 for resell..At the Leake auction I think in Dallas he sold for $5300...At end of show he said he made up for the $500
" loss " when he sold the 63 Ford ...I did not know Leake Auctions did not charge any one a sales Commision..!!. At 10% to 15% is the least they will charge you and the Big Boys even higher..The REAL lost amount should be be $1200/$1300.:eusa_think:.One car they sold had all the parts costs but, did not include the 120 man hours into it when telling how much profit they made..How do they leave out the biggest cost Labor ?? :eusa_think: and the Cost of what the auction house charges.
If I could have a car built with out paying for labor I would have 3 or 4 Hemi Convertible's..All these shows should start with..Cars B.S. 101 :icon_fU:
Rick 70RR

/ ...
I liked it a lot more than 'Fast n Loud'. Some of their 'restorations' seemed questionable, at best. Too many (most) of these shows are about doing a car for a quick buck. The guy from Counting Cars seems to have a lot of enthusiasm for cars which I liked. In the show tonight he kept a GTO, despite having a buyer and a good profit, just because he liked it.

Saw counting cars for the first time last weekend.
Might be the best one of these so far.

Saw fast and loud as well.
Seemed OK at the start, but then I realized, as pointed out earlier, that neither show takes labor into account, and anyone that knows anything about business knows labor is the #1 expense.

It surprised me that the fast and loud guys seemed to not really know the car market.
I could have told them 5K was way too much for 64 Galaxie, even a 390 4 speed, and they'd be lucky to sell for 10K even if shiny. I also know those Lincoln Marks ain't worth a lot either, although there does seem to be a market for them. They absolutely ruined that nice black one. "we don't want to send the wheels back...so we'll cut up the perfect quarters and redo the nearly perfect original paint (how much labor?$?)...and make the car worth less. It did look good, but if a 1" narrower whell would have solved the issue....

The counting cars el camino was probably the best and most realistic build, except at the purchase "supposedly rebuilt" was the engine description, but at the sale..."ZZ1 crate..." ??? WTF? Value on those el caminos (even the 80's) is strong, much stronger market than you might think.

Saw counting cars for the first time last weekend.
Might be the best one of these so far.

Saw fast and loud as well.
Seemed OK at the start, but then I realized, as pointed out earlier, that neither show takes labor into account, and anyone that knows anything about business knows labor is the #1 expense.

It surprised me that the fast and loud guys seemed to not really know the car market.
I could have told them 5K was way too much for 64 Galaxie, even a 390 4 speed, and they'd be lucky to sell for 10K even if shiny. I also know those Lincoln Marks ain't worth a lot either, although there does seem to be a market for them. They absolutely ruined that nice black one. "we don't want to send the wheels back...so we'll cut up the perfect quarters and redo the nearly perfect original paint (how much labor?$?)...and make the car worth less. It did look good, but if a 1" narrower whell would have solved the issue....

The counting cars el camino was probably the best and most realistic build, except at the purchase "supposedly rebuilt" was the engine description, but at the sale..."ZZ1 crate..." ??? WTF? Value on those el caminos (even the 80's) is strong, much stronger market than you might think.

Great point I always said the same thing
All these shows depict the same fictitious
Profits
The storage wars show, they show guys saying I can get
100.00 for a tube old school tv , whereas most people throw them out
They always estimate the profit at the highest scenario
Which in " reality " isn't the case
By the end of the show they show there profits
It's all tv bullshit ,I bet storage lockers auctions have gone up
A ton since the show started

Counting cars is another stretch reality show
Buying and selling, and most of the time selling
At some rediculous amount, like the pick up truck they sold for 30k
If you go to mecum you can buy that same car for 12-20k
But somehow they find these buyers

Well its been an entertaining show, I'll give it that. The Superbird was nice last nite thats for sure. BUT I dont care who you are, your not approaching me in a parking lot (camera crew or not) and taking a drive in my car..... PERIOD! That had to have been staged I would guess. And I doubt many people would just pull over to talk with you on the side of the road. It wouldn't happen around here. And when you factor in the " Big guy / beard / ponytail " look that just intimidates some people. Ask me how I know......

Now dont get me wrong, it obvious Danny Counts has some business savvy. Hell he's got a show dosen't he? But I cant see hows he's making any money. Every car here has a $ projection and quite frankly they dont all make it. Labor costs alone would kill his deals right from the start. It is one helluva advertising gimmick tho....

Come on guys it's just entertainment, but $300k for that B5 Superbird was a bit steep, that Grabber Green 70 Torino was cool he offered $50k for & the owner said "no", that his kids want it, but he would sell it, for a crazy number like $75k-$100k... I watch them for just the entertainment value alone, it's better than watching some "gay guy sitcom", some stupid "woman & kids show" or another damn "cop &/or lawyer show", like that are on, most all the other channels are running/airing...LOL... Just like Graveyard Carz, it's just automotive "Reality TV" entertainment, dumb asses stupid arguing stuff, Reality TV, nothing more, nothing less... The Count "Danny", I guess owns a couple of businesses, he must be pretty savvy to buy & own so much stuff, including a bar & I think a "strip club", that they showed in one of the episodes, I know it's a damn reality show & I watch it for just the sake of it being a car show & not just some other mindless trivial soap opera, like all the other mindless crap on TV...LOL...

Is this the same guy from Texas who was dancing like a bafoon at an auction and supposedly got $50k for an old ford f150 he redid in about 7 days? $50k from a phone caller yeah right lol his bud called up and tried to schill and they stopped at 50k lol he probably has that truck in a hidden garage somewhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back