• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to Walmart today in Gainesville FL.

felt like leaving my grocery cart and walking out.

I have done that with Wal Mart. I hope the security cameras saw the frustration but no one cares.

Our regional Hy Vee food stores still have cashiers and baggers but I see some of the lanes have been switched to self check out which can be convenient if you only have a few items and are in a rush. Our Fairway Food Stores still have cashiers baggers and carry out. They are old school and I hope they continue. They also have a full service meat department. It's refreshing to walk in the store and hear the sing of the meat saw and have the butchers cut steaks off a loin if you want them thicker.

My grandson has a four year degree. During the last year, jobs were scarce and the only thing he could find was putting in septic systems. Now it seems jobs are more plentiful, but he says he's going to stick with what he's doing. Go figure.
Nothing wrong with a career in plumbing.
Once you earn your journeyman stripes the pay climbs pretty fast.

Auto Transport Service
Back