• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your favorite wheel on a drag car?

@HEMI-ITIS I like the look of those, and I have always liked the "race look" of brushed aluminum Centerlines, I had them on my 79 R/T back "then" and I'm sure my age and era of car experience is one reason for liking Centerlines..
BUT
It's weird, because back in the 70s and 80s I was ambivalent towards Mopar Rallye wheels, but my soon to be EX-Roadrunner had the steel Rallye wheels and MAN-OH-MAN I love the look of the 17" Year One Rallye wheels I put on it. So much that when I thought I may be able to keep my car for the rest of my life and I would need wider rear wheels, I was looking into having the 17" Rallye wheels widened.
BUT
I think my absolute FAVORITE "race wheels" is this design. It doesn't matter how many other wheels I see that "look good" there's something really appealing to me about these:
WELD Racing Wheels
nymegyqa.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_090509_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_090530_Photos.jpg

So I have a new set of red shell plugs to go in my draglites. I can’t decide if I want them in them or not though. I like the vintage look of them but I also like how they look without them. What do y’all think? I put one in this front wheel trying to figure out what I want
IMG_8664.jpeg

So I have a new set of red shell plugs to go in my draglites. I can’t decide if I want them in them or not though. I like the vintage look of them but I also like how they look without them. What do y’all think? I put one in this front wheel trying to figure out what I want View attachment 1560077
If the car is red, and you like em, go ahead. It's not like it's a permanent mod.
For me, several pairs of double drilled lines...... no plugs.

I really like the look of a bunch of the more modern front drag-wheels. It's seems the rears don't match, and that has turned me off to all the modern stuff.

Last edited:
I loved the Mickey Thompson ET Drag wheels and would buy a full set of those if I could find them the right size and offset. I wish I would have bought a set back when they were making them but oh well

Last edited:
So I have a new set of red shell plugs to go in my draglites. I can’t decide if I want them in them or not though. I like the vintage look of them but I also like how they look without them. What do y’all think? I put one in this front wheel trying to figure out what I want View attachment 1560077
No caps, unless chrome. The red ones look like the protective caps from black-pipe. My 2-cents...

I have had Auto drags on EVRYTHING since the late 70's, I wish they made them for my 2020 T/A 392, but I have them on my Charger
311258908_5571753822883281_3398539204645543584_n.jpg

Bogarts that look like superflys. I have them on on 2 of my stangs. Always liked the looks of them on the 70s pro stock and SS cars.

Centreline Competition Qualifiers I really like the 5 spoke look . I have Street lites , 10" , on rear as they had right backspace - Centreline screwed up up custom order 10"Qualifiers . That cost me more than $2.00 in return freight to USA .

Tex

Lights Out 012018-2.jpg

Centreline Competition Qualifiers I really like the 5 spoke look . I have Street lites , 10" , on rear as they had right backspace - Centreline screwed up up custom order 10"Qualifiers . That cost me more than $2.00 in return freight to USA .

Tex

View attachment 1561788
Was that the old original Centerline Tool?....... or the new Chinese copy version? @Tex013

Last edited:
Aestheticly, Keystone (Klassics). It was good enough for Sox and Martin.

Aestheticly, Keystone (Klassics). It was good enough for Sox and Martin.
I don't know how much they weigh, but your comment reminded me of a story in the Royal Bobcat book about the racing program.
They saved at least 2/10ths in the 1320 by removing the Hurst special wheels from the GTO and running a lighter wheel.

Obviously everybody to each their own, ... but I never was a fan of keystones. They were similar to Cragars, heavy and hard to clean. Sharp edges never looked good to me.
I think S&M moved off keystones to something lighter as soon as they were available.

Im gonna guess most of you probably dont like my choice of wheels on my truck at all then :)

B043-DE8-A-29-B7-402-F-AFBA-F50-B4-CFECBDF.jpg

Those are EXACTLY what I alluded to in post #13. Exactly what I would put on a full out racecar(truck). Ex prostock truck?
Had the really lite stuff on the Stratus, Lamb Spindle mount V series up front and Delta in the rear

https://postimg.cc/2338n1b8]
B42-BACAF-B839-45-F3-83-B2-723-E1-FB7-DEE3.jpg
[/url]

Auto Transport Service
Back