• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What A Waste of a 426 Hemi!

Yea Maybe ? But I think its cool to see a ford get some MOPAR power !
Hell I was going to put a 440 in the 78 corvette I have . It's all in the guy who ownes it as back in the day ALOT of 426 hemis went in everything made !!

I'll save my Hemi for a Mopar, right now it is sitting on the stand staring at my 64 Belvedere and my 65 Coronet
Time to flip a coin maybe

Hey, just read the write up on it. You want massive power, you know what you have to do. Im not entirely against that year mustang. I think its a damn fine looking car. Thats the best thing that could have happened to it. As for the hemi? Yeah, that's a step down to be in a ford.

Last edited:
If I had one I would put it in a MOPAR ! But I have always been a Wedge Man !!

I think that's a compliment. It probably would piss-off a ford guy more.

I love haters. I heard that on occasion, when I did my 528 hemi-wagon. Once in a lot-show, I was standing by the back of the car, and overheard a guy telling a bunch of his buddies that it was a waste of a hemi to be in that car. I walked up to him to tell him.....much suck for you. You don't have one, and I can afford to waste them in wagons.

I love haters. I heard that on occasion, when I did my 528 hemi-wagon. Once in a lot-show, I was standing by the back of the car, and overheard a guy telling a bunch of his buddies that it was a waste of a hemi to be in that car. I walked up to him to tell him.....much suck for you. You don't have one, and I can afford to waste them in wagons.

Your wagon is freaking awesomeness. Whoever said that obviously does not recognize what kool looks like

Last edited:
I want 55 Chevy with a 440 in it!

I have been seeing this guy run at the local tracks for years. 55 Chevy wagon with a 440.

Parrish 55.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From the shock towers it looks like the hemi Mustang was done by someone who knew something about fab work. I think the history of this car needs to be found out and the car put back in it's original "hemi equipped" state. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 70's by preserving some cool racing history like this. People need to know that it was not all numbers matching dog dish caps back then.

Anything with a Gen-II hemi, gets awesome points. Gen-III get smart points.

Back