• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What A Waste of a 426 Hemi!

Yea Maybe ? But I think its cool to see a ford get some MOPAR power !
Hell I was going to put a 440 in the 78 corvette I have . It's all in the guy who ownes it as back in the day ALOT of 426 hemis went in everything made !!

I'll save my Hemi for a Mopar, right now it is sitting on the stand staring at my 64 Belvedere and my 65 Coronet
Time to flip a coin maybe

Hey, just read the write up on it. You want massive power, you know what you have to do. Im not entirely against that year mustang. I think its a damn fine looking car. Thats the best thing that could have happened to it. As for the hemi? Yeah, that's a step down to be in a ford.

Last edited:
If I had one I would put it in a MOPAR ! But I have always been a Wedge Man !!

I think that's a compliment. It probably would piss-off a ford guy more.

Probably did it to improve the handling.

I love haters. I heard that on occasion, when I did my 528 hemi-wagon. Once in a lot-show, I was standing by the back of the car, and overheard a guy telling a bunch of his buddies that it was a waste of a hemi to be in that car. I walked up to him to tell him.....much suck for you. You don't have one, and I can afford to waste them in wagons.

I love haters. I heard that on occasion, when I did my 528 hemi-wagon. Once in a lot-show, I was standing by the back of the car, and overheard a guy telling a bunch of his buddies that it was a waste of a hemi to be in that car. I walked up to him to tell him.....much suck for you. You don't have one, and I can afford to waste them in wagons.

Your wagon is freaking awesomeness. Whoever said that obviously does not recognize what kool looks like

Last edited:
I want 55 Chevy with a 440 in it!

I have been seeing this guy run at the local tracks for years. 55 Chevy wagon with a 440.

Parrish 55.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From the shock towers it looks like the hemi Mustang was done by someone who knew something about fab work. I think the history of this car needs to be found out and the car put back in it's original "hemi equipped" state. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 70's by preserving some cool racing history like this. People need to know that it was not all numbers matching dog dish caps back then.

I just finished watching the episode of roadkill where they put a hemi in a 55 chevy. That thing is bad ***

a friend of mine had this car ,VETT WITH A HEMI
556617_405842992807749_717459069_n.jpg

Anything with a Gen-II hemi, gets awesome points. Gen-III get smart points.

Auto Transport Service
Back