• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Labor Day afternoon drive through the country for the wife and I in our old '53.

20200907_175625.jpg

Didn't do much today except for some light cleaning up and measured the cables on my weight machine. the machine is kinda junky but still works and one of the plastic coated cables is about to break so may as well replace it and of course it's the longest one. Might use it more once that is replaced. Got up with a sore back this morning and didn't think I did much yesterday but after thinking more about it, yesterday was kinda busy starting with the grocery store. Weed eated about 80% of what needed to be and after a month, it really needed it. Just can't do this stuff like when I was 50.... :(

Machined a picture frame for a Wild Willy Borsch poster I bought 15+ years ago and glued it up with biscuit jointed corners and went quad riding to one of my favorite watering holes. I downed 5 McMasters and Squirts. Got home and helped make supper-sausage burgers and boiled cabbage from the garden. I'm liking the breakfast sausage burgers better than hamburgers lately!
Mike

Thursday and know that I'm supposed to be working, so I did so on something I wanted to and not what I should be doing. I'm sure the time involved won't bite me too hard in the ***.. LOL Worked on my double sided hanging sign for the shop front. Got some nice 1 x 1 galvanized tube from my Son in Law a few weeks ago to finally put it in motion. The tubing and some NOS Norseman aircraft U bolts and it worked out pretty slick. That was probably the easy part, now to get it mounted to the shop peak face, after I manage to get my 19,000 lb man lift unstuck that's buried to the frame.
signsmopar 016.JPG
signsmopar 019.JPG
signsmopar 024.JPG
signsmopar 026.JPG
signsmopar 020.JPG
signsmopar 033.JPG
signsmopar 037.JPG
signsmopar 041.JPG

Played with barbie and some other dolls as we had fake tea and plastic cookies!
Then we went to the ice cream cart the baby got for her b day (sep 11)
And she served me 3 scope's in a cone and put sprinkle s on it! We pretend licked that for awhile then nap time!

Oh and dumped the toy box because we couldn't fine one of the dolls anywhere!

Dropped the trans pan on the 'new' 96 Dakota the other day (yeah, a year late) to do the maintenance on it and the house AC started acting up so just now getting back to the Dakota. Took two days to figure out the capacitor was the problem after getting it tested but was able to 'help' the fan motor get started by hand. Thought the compressor was bad since it 'timed' out after the fan motor failed to start. Man, that's kinda scary since it's not that dog gone old. Anyways, things are looking good after 3 starts but still not going to trust things just yet and will cool the house down again before going to bed and then start it up in the morning. The capacitor on this rig starts both the compressor and the fan motor and cost 42 bucks but that's better than replacing the motor! Got 4 quarts in the Dakota so far and no leaks but noticed the lower front shock bushings are shot.....oh well.

Working a double today. These 16 hr days are getting real freakin old

Working a double today. These 16 hr days are getting real freakin old
Never liked 16 hour days but when I was working the 'weekend' shift, it was 8 hours on Friday evenings, then 16 on Saturday and 16 on Sunday (days and evenings) and didn't do that again until the next Friday. Usually Monday was a recovery day if I didn't get a good sleep on the prior Thursday but man, nothing like being off for 4 days every week! Doubt I could do that today though lol

Never liked 16 hour days but when I was working the 'weekend' shift, it was 8 hours on Friday evenings, then 16 on Saturday and 16 on Sunday (days and evenings) and didn't do that again until the next Friday. Usually Monday was a recovery day if I didn't get a good sleep on the prior Thursday but man, nothing like being off for 4 days every week! Doubt I could do that today though lol
Guys have been out. Lucky to get a day off a week. Trying to put a car back together, doesn't work to well with one day off a week. lol

Just finished making breakfast pancakes for our oldest daughter who turned one today. Then we’re going to look at piece of property to see about expanding our cattle operation.

Guys have been out. Lucky to get a day off a week. Trying to put a car back together, doesn't work to well with one day off a week. lol
I wouldn't last long there, I feel for you lol. It's one thing to be a worker but there has to be time for the family and pleasure. I'm fortunate enough to be the maintenance supervisor and have 2 good guys, I tell them keep up with everything throughout the week and you won't see any weekend work, maybe a late Friday but no weekends.

I wouldn't last long there, I feel for you lol. It's one thing to be a worker but there has to be time for the family and pleasure. I'm fortunate enough to be the maintenance supervisor and have 2 good guys, I tell them keep up with everything throughout the week and you won't see any weekend work, maybe a late Friday but no weekends.
Lots of guys where I used to work drooled for OT so they could have too big of a house, boats, new cars every other year, 4 wheelers for hunting and on and on then being deep in debt....then their wives left them after finding someone else to spend time with them. Maybe that's the way I should have done it since I hardly ever worked OT and was home the majority of the time! Maybe that's why mine left lol

Selling my home in CT, had two showings this morning, 3 more scheduled for later today... 5 tomorrow and 2 on Monday, so far.
Both parties that came out this morning are actively seeking a contract already. Looks like there may be a bidding war on the horizon.

Selling my home in CT, had two showings this morning, 3 more scheduled for later today... 5 tomorrow and 2 on Monday, so far.
Both parties that came out this morning are actively seeking a contract already. Looks like there may be a bidding war on the horizon.
Sounds to me like it was priced too low.....?
When and if I sell (want to), it will be priced at least 25k higher than what the appraiser says it's worth. Not very many houses out here sat for very long and being close in to town and on 1/2 acre lots, people like it out here. And this neighborhood has a pretty good selling record.

Auto Transport Service
Back