• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Selling my home in CT, had two showings this morning, 3 more scheduled for later today... 5 tomorrow and 2 on Monday, so far.
Both parties that came out this morning are actively seeking a contract already. Looks like there may be a bidding war on the horizon.

I sold my place 4 years ago and we were in a crazy sellers market. I was getting the house ready to sell over a few months and every time I met with the realtor his "listing price" for the house kept going up. Eventually we listed it and had a ton of showings, eventually had 11 offers over our asking price and settled on a young couple with 5 kids who offered 51K over asking!!

Never liked 16 hour days but when I was working the 'weekend' shift, it was 8 hours on Friday evenings, then 16 on Saturday and 16 on Sunday (days and evenings) and didn't do that again until the next Friday. Usually Monday was a recovery day if I didn't get a good sleep on the prior Thursday but man, nothing like being off for 4 days every week! Doubt I could do that today though lol

I work 4on/4off on 12 hours shifts....I like the 4 days off that is for sure!

I've been working on replacing all of the deck boards on our 500 sq ft deck. Wife talked me into composite material so I no longer go thru the hassle of sealing every year or two given older age. Issue? Composite boards are 1/2 the thickness of the old cedar boards so requiring all sorts a things to re-do the trim and the steps, etc. Doing this after 22 years brought back a load of memories when my dad and father-in-law, now departed for over a decade, helped me build the deck when they were still physically able. (I did the most mindless grunt stuff being da young guy). Man the knowledge and wisdom they had (as well on a ton of other things they coached me on) nearly brought tears to my eyes, actually it did recollecting specific conversation we had that came back from memory funny and otherwise. Here, the glorious gorgeous deck we built then, now aged with rotting boards and such, having to be replaced - aside from getting the wrong shipment of boards the 1st go around then waiting weeks more to get the right shipment...should a had this job done end of June as planned. Well, more to go then I had thought about but getting it done.

I work 4on/4off on 12 hours shifts....I like the 4 days off that is for sure!
Did the 4 on 4 12 hrs off schedule for years. We had holidays so the schedule could move and you would work more weekends and opposite crew worked less weekends, loved the schedule though.

Ended up at the animal shelter to see if we could find my daughter, who turned 1 today her a special friend. We already have two inside cats and an inside dog, but they’re kind of indifferent about her. She loves animals which is good considering we have 14 outside cats and cows everywhere. Well my wife wanted to get her a puppy and we looked and just didn’t connect. Well we looked at cats and there was one big cat, named Sully. He looked scared, but loved to be petted. Just something about him, I had to get him. My wife reminded me that we were supposed to be looking for our daughter something, but I just couldn’t leave him there. He’s 2 years old the same family had him since he was a kitten and they surrendered him 3 days ago. He’s 13 pounds. He’s currently behind the filing cabinet in my office or I would post a picture. I told my wife he “spoke” to me, I wasn’t leaving without him. So now we have our third inside cat, and whether or not he bonds we our girls, we made the right decision.

I've been working on replacing all of the deck boards on our 500 sq ft deck. Wife talked me into composite material so I no longer go thru the hassle of sealing every year or two given older age. Issue? Composite boards are 1/2 the thickness of the old cedar boards so requiring all sorts a things to re-do the trim and the steps, etc. Doing this after 22 years brought back a load of memories when my dad and father-in-law, now departed for over a decade, helped me build the deck when they were still physically able. (I did the most mindless grunt stuff being da young guy). Man the knowledge and wisdom they had (as well on a ton of other things they coached me on) nearly brought tears to my eyes, actually it did recollecting specific conversation we had that came back from memory funny and otherwise. Here, the glorious gorgeous deck we built then, now aged with rotting boards and such, having to be replaced - aside from getting the wrong shipment of boards the 1st go around then waiting weeks more to get the right shipment...should a had this job done end of June as planned. Well, more to go then I had thought about but getting it done.
The last project my dad and I worked on together was my shop. It's 28 by 52 with a semi truss roof. Every other set of rafters is full truss. We ended up doing the whole thing by ourselves because a buddy of mine never showed up. Dad was 63 at the time. He still had it at that point and about wore me out. I was working the evening shift at that time and had already spent myself for the day by the time we stopped working on the shop in time for me to go to work.....and I was 33! But he was glad that we were stopping around 2:30 because it was hot in the middle of August lol. He's been gone since 98 and well, I still miss him.

I can't go to the animal "shelter".

...and I have to force myself not to think about it.

...but good for you.

...and the cat.

Worked on my bathroom

DSCF0229.JPG DSCF0492.JPG

I can't go to the animal "shelter".

...and I have to force myself not to think about it.

...but good for you.

...and the cat.

It was my first time to go to one, it was a depressing place. To say the least.

Brought this home...Vendorlator 56. It’s in near mint condition, original paint. I believe this variant was produced 1955-7. They continued into the 60s, but changed the face.

FAFB2E70-8FF8-451B-8599-61C766A49F2A.jpeg

Today I reinstalled the shocks on my sons' cart (behind the yellow quad) . I had to machine the eye bushings for more clearance for grease (design flaw-mine), puttered a little in the garage, and power washed the whole exterior of my house ( West side winter photo). I'm tired.
Mike
BRP Fleet.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Entertained my parents for dinner. They're 90 and 91 now. On Valentines Day this year they were married for 67 (!!!) years. My love of Imperials and Chryslers started with my dad and his many Dodge One Tons (for work) and the 66, 67, 68, 69, 72, and 76 Chrysler Windsors, Newports, New Yorkers and Imperials.

Jack and Betty Southen - 67th Anniversary - Valentines Day 2020.jpg

end of a 25 year project finished the concrete to the road gotta give it to those concrete guys what
20200915_184937.jpg
20200920_125643.jpg
20200920_125728.jpg
20200920_125817.jpg
an *** busting job.

Entertained my parents for dinner. They're 90 and 91 now. On Valentines Day this year they were married for 67 (!!!) years. My love of Imperials and Chryslers started with my dad and his many Dodge One Tons (for work) and the 66, 67, 68, 69, 72, and 76 Chrysler Windsors, Newports, New Yorkers and Imperials.

View attachment 1004875

That's awesome, Imperial One!! Very similar situation here, on Sept. 18th my wife and I took my parents out for Brunch to an Amish country restaurant to celebrate their wedding anniversary. They are both 91 like your parents but it was their 71st anniversary that day.

And I'll add that also like you, my passion for Dodge came from my early years being around my Dad and Granddad's mopars back in the 50's & 60's.

That's awesome, Imperial One!! Very similar situation here, on Sept. 18th my wife and I took my parents out for Brunch to an Amish country restaurant to celebrate their wedding anniversary. They are both 91 like your parents but it was their 71st anniversary that day.

And I'll add that also like you, my passion for Dodge came from my early years being around my Dad and Granddad's mopars back in the 50's & 60's.

Wow! They got married young. Glad to hear you are lucky enough to still have your parents with you. Treasure them while you can.

Wow! They got married young. Glad to hear you are lucky enough to still have your parents with you. Treasure them while you can.

Exactly, we are both blessed to still have our parents with us. Thanks, and best to you and your parents as well! :thumbsup:

PS. Love the little valentine's flags they are holding!

Got my mini booth up so i can spray the heavy part of this 1956 Wilton Vise. It was totally basted with red paint. I stripped it down, and now getting ready to spray it Verde green. It will all look like the hanging part below when done, plus the handle, jaws, and locks will not be covered in paint.

20200921_204715.jpg

20200920_215208.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back