• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

When I'm outside buffing trim, etc. I needed a place to set the compound tubes, so I made a holder.
Mike
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2362.JPG

I got a decent drill press given to me a couple years ago in lieu of a month's rent on a storage unit.

It was missing 2 of the 3 handles (put in long bolts after I got it, and is fine) and also missing the crank to raise and lower the table.

I've had a pair of vice-grips on there ever since and have always been peeved about having to go get them when I need them and then having to go get them when I need to raise or lower the table.

I looked around for a wheel or crank that had a 9/16th "D" shaped hole but I could only find stuff starting at $30.

I started looking through my metal remnant stock and located a length of 3/8th stock that already had two 9/16th" holes in it.

I had to trim one end on the band saw, so it would clear the table, then I had to drill and tap a 10-32 hole for a set screw.

I had just thrown out a cracked extension cord reel, but I saved the knob. What do you know, it's the perfect size!

The only cost was the $1.20 for a pair of set screws.

Life in the shop is now less aggravating.

20200919_091119.jpg

All painted and purdy.

20200922_174258.jpg

Catching up on firewood, another week and it should be full.
IMG_20200923_192252841.jpg

It was my first time to go to one, it was a depressing place. To say the least.
Got my 3rd prairie dog from the local shelter. They called the local vet (who I also use) for info about who in the area might know something about her or who might rescue her and the vet called me. I'm the only one that brings in PD's to them lol. Figured I'd at least tell them what they need to eat and take them some food but they talked me into taking her in. They also told me that if someone came looking for her within 10 days that I'd have to give her up but no one did and I'm glad since she's a love muffin and took to me like she's been mine since day one.

Garage Find
View attachment 1004877

After some scrubbing. Top up...
View attachment 1004880

Top down...
View attachment 1004881
Not even sure what kind that car is anymore....

Mowed/mulched the yard with my new Snapper Ninja, pruned some pine trees, cut down a pine tree; and hauled it off. Washed and dried the 2020 Charger R/T.

Sold a 440 engine with tranny and a few other Charger parts. Swept the garage out, took the RR for a spin, watching football.

EB74DB5B-F910-4E94-8EC6-60DAA31D2D41.jpeg

Great when your Wife has no issues with you having a Hoe on the side....just makes life SO much easier!

8' x 34" of Maple... had to load the bucket before I could raise the stab legs!
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 163.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 164.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 167.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 169.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 174.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 176.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 179.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 180.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 181.JPG

Changed the upper ball joint on my truck.
It was actually really good for 177k
IMG_20201023_145516622.jpg

Installing attic insulation in the new shop here in Indiana, the leaves will have to wait.

FINISHED!! 12" of loose fill blown in pink fiberglass up above now. All day job.

P1010037.JPG

Last edited:
Got ready to work on my car!

With Therapy dead, with either a bad fuel pump diaphragm or it's push rod worn down, I'm betting on the fuel pump being toast as old steel stuff lasts. I easily ordered a Carter fuel pump today for 33 bucks and wanted to make sure I had a spare cam lobe to pump push rod just in case, as the new repro stuff is crap. I've read here that they wear out in a year tops, losing over a 1/4" in length. I had to use a bit of Stihl to get the push rod out of my spare block, I guess my high school buddy tightened the access plug in good back in '78 when he reconditioned this engine for me in highschool auto shop, for my '69 Fury II ! I did managed to get it out and 51 years later, since it was mfg, it is still full spec length! Mind you it has been stored for 40 years..

Why is the stuff you need always in the lower crate..

beefuelpumpissue 001.JPG

Arm in through the 4" gap and just can't get enough on the plug to get it loose.

beefuelpumpissue 006.JPG

Guess I'll have to use some Stihl...

beefuelpumpissue 007.JPG

1969 383 HP. Built November 14th, 1968

beefuelpumpissue 013.JPG

Now maybe I can get the plug and push rod out.

beefuelpumpissue 015.JPG

Been stored terribly for 40 years, slid right out!

beefuelpumpissue 016.JPG

Darn near full length to boot! 3.217", believe spec is 3.22..

beefuelpumpissue 017.JPG

Loading up fencing supplies. We’re closing on a 72 acre farm this coming Tuesday. It’s got fencing but I need more cross fencing. Wednesday morning after the closing we’ll be starting on putting up about 5,000 Feet of field fence.

When you're done, come do mine. Only 6000' total.. though the forest....tired of trespassers, the deer can jump it.

Auto Transport Service
Back