• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

More shop cleaning, trying to make door #1 functional. Moving out the last of my airplane stuff, in todays case my engine mount jig table and a radial arm saw I've had for way too long. Then I need to move my drill presses into the corner and try to move my 14 x 40 Forward lathe, that current resides across the door opening, into their spot along the side wall. Had enough about 1PM and decided to double date a couple of '64 models for the afternoon.
View attachment 1369385View attachment 1369386View attachment 1369387View attachment 1369392View attachment 1369400View attachment 1369402
Waiting for the other '64 model to eat her lunch...
View attachment 1369404
And I thought my shop was cluttered! lol

Just wish I'd never learned to be a pack rat from my Father... my back would feel a lot better! LOL
My dad was a neat nik.....so where did my pack rat tendencies come from? He was also somewhat of a minimalist. He only kept enough tools to do what he needed to do and that was it.

In the words of Wilcox... "Layin Pipe... all day long.. layin pipe, I'm working so hard........ to satisfy that woman" !

Myself and Jack All at it again today. Almost rolled the top heavy beast and that wouldn't have ended well..
View attachment 1372229
Up on some solid 1" shafting this time and following the directions on the lathe!
View attachment 1372230
Larger pipes on the smaller pedestal allows the heavy rear section to be an open mouth to pick up the next shaft without me jacking each time.
View attachment 1372231
It's all how you lay your pipe as to where it's gonna go.
View attachment 1372233
Time to tuck and turn.
View attachment 1372234
Wiggle the final way in and off the pipes.
View attachment 1372235
You'd almost think I'd done this a time or forty before, moving our injection moulding machines around 4 factory buildings.
View attachment 1372236
Nice and neat for a few minutes. Then I buried it in all the stuff behind me...
View attachment 1372237
Back to clutter in the corner, but I think I can use the bay.
View attachment 1372239
"To satisfy that woman"...
View attachment 1372242
When I brought in my 15" lathe, I did the same thing and there was a time or two that it made me think it was going over too. Slow and steady as she goes.....and doubt I could last very long doing that kind of stuff these days.

Anyways, I've been doing some odds and ends. Cut some SS hardware cloth with the death wheel to lay into the bottom of my beer keg fire pit to keep the bigger chunks of burning wood from falling out. It's also SS and a buddy was using it as a BBQ pit but he gave it to me even after telling him I already had two Old Smokeys AND a smoker. He just didn't want to throw it away so I took it. Also cut up some smaller branches that fell out of the trees after that nice blow we got the other night and about to leave to pick up a decent size oxy bottle and some self tapping sheet metal screws. Also plan on installing a couple of new LED ceiling lights that a neighbor threw away. I love people who are not pack rats lol. He had some boxes etc out on the street on Wednesday for trash day on Friday and I finally decided to go look at what all was out there just before the truck came. Glad I did.

Every Saturday I teach a 2 to 3 hr martial class. Been doing it for 45 years. This week my affiliation promoted me up to a 6 th degree.

View attachment 1372434

View attachment 1372435
Congrats.

My oldest daughter got to her junior black belt in Taekwondo by the time she was 17.
Youngest daughter got to her brown.

But sadly never went beyond that

I highly recomended any / child take some karate classes. I did wonders for both my girls confidence level

Congrats.

My oldest daughter got to her junior black belt in Taekwondo by the time she was 17.

I highly recomended any / child take some karate classes. I did wonders for both my girls confidence level
Yes builds confidence, physically, mental awareness.

Am I to understand that somehow, freezing water pushed this up from underneath.....moving the culvert and the soil at the same time???
Same thing happens around here regularly, if you walk about my subdivision we have drainage ditches everywhere with culverts, I'd say 50% are lifted up and broken the asphalt or concrete, most people seem to live with it for a long time.
Mine came up a little bit and I put a saw cut right down the middle of the culvert and drove my truck over it and snapped the concrete, and it's okay now just a little hump.
You warm weather people cant understand our struggle, lol.

Congrats.

My grandson loves karate.

E9EDEC23-801E-497F-8C63-C6486933B632.jpeg

C23F5BF6-228D-4100-850C-3DE41F717BD0.jpeg

Been in Ft Myers, cleaning, stripping, and gutting my wife's Retirement getaway. Glad it's not too hot this past week, as the work has been tough enough, along with dealing with the health hazards working inside. Seems tragedies bring out the best in people with those willing to help, and the worst with those ripping off the helpless for repairs. We're also upset at the lack of Federal, and State assistance, as the debris us everywhere, with little effort to clean it up. I guess that's FEMA at Work...
1112221532b.jpg
1112221532.jpg
1112221532c.jpg

Last edited:
The wife said my fun time is over, get back to work on the garage! I was already thinking the same with the cold setting in so it's time to get some electric ran. With 3' of stone wall around the house it's tricky routing wire to the garage but with the electric pole only 20' away and having room for a 220V breaker this just made way more sense especially if I ever want to add something in the future. Main feed is done, time to start pulling wires and installing lights. Love living here in Ohio, no inspections, no permits... Just get er done.
IMG_20221113_092809632_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221112_142027983_HDR.jpg

Last weekend was nothing but pleasure, having some fun on my home track with my long time best friend.
8826.jpeg
8848.jpeg
8860.jpeg

Got my 'new' oxy bottle a bit ago....not as big as I hoped but it's bigger than the bottle I have. 150 vs a 90 and the diameter is the same as the old one so I don't have to modify my bottle cart.

The morning the Wife had me driving around picking up free toys and play structures and the afternoon a funeral for our neighours Son's Wife that passed away suddenly at 47 years old. Finally got in the shop at 5 PM.
playfort.jpg

The morning the Wife had me driving around picking up free toys and play structures and the afternoon a funeral for our neighours Son's Wife that passed away suddenly at 47 years old. Finally got in the shop at 5 PM.
View attachment 1372816
Sorry to hear about the death.......condolences to the family and friends.

Sorry to hear about the death.......condolences to the family and friends.
Thanks Dave. We lived right next door to them just up the road from '88 to 1997. The Son spent more time in our house than theirs during those years. I use to joke I was going to claim him and his Sister as dependents. His Wife woke up, told a kid she couldn't breath and was dead in the ambulance before they made the hospital. Her Father died very similarly at about 54.

Took the day off to try and salvage the worst duck season I've ever had, and it still sucks.
Atleast I get to see God's creation, the snow makes it so much better.
20221116_062419.jpg
20221116_062412.jpg
16686062942691044304731900920567.jpg

Got it across the road into the driveway. Everyone should have a pallet jack!View attachment 1367861View attachment 1367862View attachment 1367863

View attachment 1367864

Ready to pressure wash all the crud and zebra mussels off in preparation for a coat of "stove black"
View attachment 1367865
So there is no doubt as to the size of this river! lol.

Got the recovered Franklin all cleaned up and painted with fresh stove black. New stack installed and placed at it's new location on the back deck. No more excursions into the river.
Stove21.jpg

On to the next project.

Auto Transport Service
Back