• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do they look like

Had a wall built last year. Had 7 contractors come to look at the job 6 were Albanians. It wasn't a big job so 3 prices were I don't want the prices.

Since everybody is ringing there own bell, let me ring mine. I worked as a Millwright/welder and then as a union boilermaker since my late twenties, before that i was in operations in power generation. Ive worked in every type of heat/cold/outside/heights and did it up until i was 62 from 18. In addition a lot of OT , usually well over 700 hours, i worked P/T welding and fitting for contractors. I still work P/T
I know and have known many Mexican men who work very hard. There is a reason why i never see a white guy doing a water main or sewer, putting a roof on or doing concrete work. Its because the average American doesnt want to do it. They also wont work for that kind of money. Mexican workers are like anybody else. Some are lazy and shifty but most are good and work hard.
When i was young all you ever saw was Italians doing concrete work. All the laborers were Italian were i live. These guys worked like dogs and didn't complain. They were mostly immigrants to our country who learned there trade back home and brought there skills to America. Most spoke broken English. Times are constantly changing and another ethic group will replace hard working immigrant Mexicans some day.
Point is, a good man will do an honest days work to support his family and get ahead. A POS always has his hand out and complains when his "freebies" aren't to his liking.

Since everybody is ringing there own bell, let me ring mine. I worked as a Millwright/welder and then as a union boilermaker since my late twenties, before that i was in operations in power generation. Ive worked in every type of heat/cold/outside/heights and did it up until i was 62 from 18. In addition a lot of OT , usually well over 700 hours, i worked P/T welding and fitting for contractors. I still work P/T
I know and have known many Mexican men who work very hard. There is a reason why i never see a white guy doing a water main or sewer, putting a roof on or doing concrete work. Its because the average American doesnt want to do it. They also wont work for that kind of money. Mexican workers are like anybody else. Some are lazy and shifty but most are good and work hard.
When i was young all you ever saw was Italians doing concrete work. All the laborers were Italian were i live. These guys worked like dogs and didn't complain. They were mostly immigrants to our country who learned there trade back home and brought there skills to America. Most spoke broken English. Times are constantly changing and another ethic group will replace hard working immigrant Mexicans some day.
I have shingled several houses and out buildings. I do my own plumbing. I do my own electrical. I do my own landscaping. I do my own concrete. I pull weeds in my bean fields. I pick my own rocks in my fields. I do everything i possibly can myself.

And i am as white as they come.

This is another stupid thread.

Surprised they haven't killed this thread as political.

Surprised they haven't killed this thread as political.
Or racist. I would take a hard working illegal over a lazy legal. Swear those hardworking people in as citizens and deport the welfare abusers. The hard working hispanics i have known and worked with would love to become a citizen. They go thru hell to get here, work their *** off for low pay in poor conditions and support their families. I think thats the American way. Lets get them signed up. Yes there are bad eggs in the basket but that is not limited by skin color or ethnicity.

Or racist. I would take a hard working illegal over a lazy legal. Swear those hardworking people in as citizens and deport the welfare abusers. The hard working hispanics i have known and worked with would love to become a citizen. They go thru hell to get here, work their *** off for low pay in poor conditions and support their families. I think thats the American way. Lets get them signed up. Yes there are bad eggs in the basket but that is not limited by skin color or ethnicity.
That is the best idea that I've heard yet!! Make the good, hardworking illegals citizens, but deport 1 welfare living POS for every illegal that is sworn in. I love it!!

Someone just needs to step over the line and use the words 'Obama or Liberal' and then it's all on.
Or post about a woman who arrested for DUI . I got zapped on that one as political. She was a narcissistic little witch.

In the last 5 years I have worked on crews with Mexicans. Every white guy on the crew worked harder and longer than they did. Mexicans are also some of the most racist people I've ever been around. There was no job the white guys would not do. In my first hand experience that is a myth.

Racism is not restricted by skin color, social status or the extent of one's education.
The Mexicans that I have worked with seem as hard working as I am. I have also met a few Mexican guys that were screw-ups. The belief that they are hard workers may come from the fact that many that are illegals may feel under a greater pressure to NOT pass up on work, to do the work that Americans don't like to do AND because the money is far better than what they could earn down south.
THis is not a bleeding heart, Liberal excuse either.
I have heard that other immigrants sometimes have an arrogance about them, as if whatever status they held in the old country is not recognized here. Like some guy that was a Doctor in "What-the-fuckistan" that can only get a job mopping floors here and is perpetually pissed off about it.

There it is Kiwi, he did it, over the line! Lock him up! :lol:
Here's @Kern Dog all ready for jail...
jailbird_brian_2_by_briangriffinfan-d3b7zf6.jpg

:D

Auto Transport Service
Back