• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do they look like

Amador 3.JPG

I knew one Mexican guy who was a decent enough welder. Many years ago i got a call for a job were the guy needed a welder who had his city license, so i did the job and thats were i first met him. He had a real attitude right off the bat, because he didn't get to do the job, i tried to be civil with him. Some time later id run into him again, he worked for shops i knew.
He use to criticize me because he thought i worked to cheap. I tried to explain the benefit of a steady pay check versus hitting someone over the head and not getting called to often. He bounced around from job to job and usually getting fired. Even some of his countrymen thought he had a attitude
The thing is i could have helped him if he wasn't such a little asshole. He failed his city license test and if he was smart enough and checked his ego and asked me, i could have helped him pass. Getting your city license at the time could lead to a real secure job and having somebody who was already in the system helps.
Last i heard he is still bouncing around but the island is only so big and word eventually gets around.
He was one of the few exceptions i came into contact with. The point again being people are people and some are so appreciative of anything you can do for them. Two years ago after my wife last operation knowing how much she likes Christmas i bought her a Balsam Hill Christmas tree, it wasn't cheap is all i will say. The old one, there was nothing i though was wrong with it but thats me. I gave the old one to my Mexican friend whose family didn't have any sort of nice tree. A few days before Christmas he sent me a picture of his children next to that tree. He is more of a friend at work to me then many of my so called union brothers. Enough said.

Auto Transport Service
Back