• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this, and where do I get one?

mopardug

Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Thanks for looking. I have a '76 Charger Daytona that had some issues in the steering column. A couple still remain. First, what is this little metal piece that is now in two pieces? It slides in a slot? channel? on I guess it's called the turn signal cam. I also need an ignition switch and key. I also have a post on FABO. I APPRECIATE any and all help. Thanks for your time.
20180718_180445.jpg
20180718_180523.jpg
20180718_180602.jpg
20180718_180631.jpg

A bit more info about the car: 400-4, auto on the floor, cruise/tilt. I realize that not many care about these newer Chargers, but when you wake up in the morning, it's still a BB Mopar.

That little piece "might" be what's left of a "push-on nut" (forget real name) that you can buy at most ACE/True Value hardware stores. You should be able to find an ignition lock/key, just check online. I don't think the tilt column ones are different from non-tilt, but you might double check that.

The tilt column cars were sourced from General Motors and built by Saginaw. Most internal parts can be found on same year Monte Carlo, Chevelle, Malibu/Gran Prix/Cutlass cars.

i bought 76 daytona new would like to see some pictures of your car

Auto zone sells the key /lock set as for the part ? Not in mine !

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love to see some pics of your car, Brad.

i dont have any of the 76 . but i got two 66s . my 76 was two tone red 318 i will try to find a picture looks like yours is blue .
20170506_083912_resized.jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg

I love those hide a way headlights! Yes, mine is blue over blue. I'm either the village idiot, or don't know what I'm doing. I haven't been able to find either of these items on the net. Does anyone have a lead on these? Should I start a 'wanted' ad here?

Auto Transport Service
Back