• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the DUMBEST thing you've done to your Mopar?

Installed an edelbrock pro-flo 1000 on a crusty old carter. You know, for MO-POWER! One little backfire started an underhood fire in the Denny's parking lot. Screw those filters.

View attachment 559200

Ahhh... I remember those filters. They came out in the late 80's and looked so cool. I had one on a 1971 RS Camaro torched that one quickly.

In hindsight, I think the dumbest thing I did was to drill hole in the fender to install a key cylinder for an anti theft siren. That said, I DID live in Chicago at the time (1969) and never could have imagined what the car could some day be worth.

Whats the DUMBEST thing you've done to your Mopar?

Funny you should ask!

Yesterday I was fixing two small dents. Got the dents out the best that I could, hit the area with a small grinder to rough it up. Applied some body puddy, let it cure and sanded it off. Looks good! Just wanted to skim coat it with a little glazing puddy. Applied a thin coat and waited for it to cure.

Well it was getting late, kind of cool in the shop and it was taking forever to cure. I'll just go in and sand it off in the morning. Went out to the shop this morning, turned on the heat, checked the glazing and it still wasn't cured. So I got out the heat gun and applied some heat to the areas. It helped some but still not dry enough to sand.

Then my brother calls me, he's a body man by trade and I tell him what happened thinking maybe I got a bad batch. He asked me if I used any hardener in it.

facepalm.gif
Can you say "Senior Moment" ???

Auto Transport Service
Back