• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with fastfood prices?

I stopped at Subway on Friday, a foot long and large drink was over $14, double what it was pre-Covid…

I stopped at Subway on Friday, a foot long and large drink was over $14, double what it was pre-Covid…
You've got to use coupons. We get two footlongs for $13, take em home and drink our own drinks. I almost never buy any fast food without a discount of some sort, and never buy an overpriced drink full of ice.

I've been going to the same Deli sandwich shop, since 1980 when i got out of the Air Force, and got my first civilian job.
Sandwich's are now costing me $13.50.

We tried to order some take out on the weekend from our local Boston Pizza
We do not live in town so they were about a 15 minute drive away
Usually you have to have your shoes on and ready to go when you order as they say 20 minutes
This time we ordered at 5:30 to try and beat the rush and they said 30 minutes your food will be ready
OK fine
I get there at 6:00 and the place was packed
Thought to myself glad I called ahead
They started turning away people at the door if they did not have a reservation
It was starting to go down hill from here
Lots of take out customers were lining up
20 minutes later they scramble around at the till looking at who ordered what and handed me a bag and said this was mine so I was happy to leave
Drove back home and nope not mine
Called and they said sorry we can give you a credit
Not good enough I wanted my order
Drove back again
Get there at 7:00 now
Guess they gave me the next guys food
He was still there and his order was supposed to be ready for 6:03 from an online order and he was still waiting
No idea who got my food because it was not there either
Kitchen is now closed not taking any more orders
Arrrgggg
Give me my money back please
And then I left
The whole place was run by kids
No wonder they screwed everything up
Rant over

Linda’s flight cancelled so we went for breakfast. Never go for breakfast. Coffee was $3.50. We skipped a beverage. Short stack for me and omelette for Linda. $29! That’s $34 with the tip. Never again. If the local Denny’s weren’t so crappy, we’d eat there. Place is called Java in the shopping center nearby.

Anyone remember these.........

brown-bag-lunch-blunders-packing-on-pounds.jpg

Last time I went thru Mac D's drive-thru and ordered up some chicken nuggets, they asked me what kind of dipping sauce I wanted......

I guess Pepto-Bismol was NOT the answer they were looking for!!!

We went into a local BBQ place about a year ago and ordered to go. Loooong wait, then they brought our food out. I could tell immediately that it wasn't everything we ordered. Looked at it, and yup, not even close. Told them and then they f'd around awhile longer and brought it back out. We went outside and looked through the containers in the car, Nope, still not right. I told my wife, you have to go in. If I go, I'm going to lose it. She goes back in and comes out after awhile. We get it home, and you guessed it. Still not right. Wife calls them and they tell her that they'll send us a coupon or some BS. That's it - I call them and tell them my wife just called and you said you'll send us some coupons? No, no , no. You WILL credit our credit card for the F-ups on THIS order. In the end, I checked the credit card bill and they refunded the full amount. We haven't been back since and they're closing up this month.

The above comments are because of the “Quiet Quitters”.. They demand a living salary with mediocre skills and then don’t care at all about how they conduct themselves… Down here we still have drive through only cause most places can’t find enough staff to have the seating areas open!!!

It's economics 101. It sounds all great to these people that they're getting raises to $15/hour until they wonder why their groceries and rent have skyrocketed and they're right back to where they started.

On top of all of that, this is what higher prices are getting us. We ate at a restaurant last Friday. This is what my silverware looked like before I opened it. Standard, right?

View attachment 1385707
And this is what I found when I opened it. That's a helluva quality control system they have going. Maybe Ray Charles was rolling the silverware.

View attachment 1385708

Here everyone is complaining about high priced food and you got it for free!!! :lol:

Another complaint here for Subway....
4 foot longs with no chips or drinks-
$50.00. Almost told them to keep it.
With their not so distant in the past
advertising of $5.00 foot long subs.
We're getting the foot long, no doubt.
I've known some families, with their
busy schedules, eat out or have their
dinner meals delivered as much as
3 times a week. That's coming to a
screeching halt, as their regular
grocery bills have skyrocketed also.
It's no longer viable to pay for
convence.

Last edited:
You've got to use coupons. We get two footlongs for $13, take em home and drink our own drinks. I almost never buy any fast food without a discount of some sort, and never buy an overpriced drink full of ice.

even with coupons 13 dollars for a lettuce sandwich is pretty pricey

convence.

they have to get the money to pay Barkley and the other famous athletes from somewhere........sure seems like they spend a lot of money pedaling their sandwiches to the ghetto

they have to get the money to pay Barkley and the other famous athletes from somewhere........sure seems like they spend a lot of money pedaling their sandwiches to the ghetto
It could cost more but Jared isn’t costing Subway anything as we are paying for him now…

Gotta charge like that, to pay all these dropouts $15/hr....it's the cycle of inflation.

Pay more per hour so people can "afford to live".

Charge more for products so businesses can afford to pay people more.

We try to make an effort to mostly support smaller Mom & Pop type businesses, especially restaurants. I just can't believe how busy some restaurants still are. Either lots of money still out there or huge debt.

convence.
SLOBWAY at its finest!!! Like I said earlier in this topic...A Fool and their Money are Easily Parted...so when it comes to fast food and take out??? Self explanatory...Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Barkley and the rest of them are punks. Jussie Smolllett was getting his a** kicked by 2 guys on a street in Chicago, in the early morning hours of the coldest night of the year and he still refused to drop his Subway sandwich and fight back. He still had it with him when the cops showed up at his place to take the report. Now that's an endorsement. :lol:

convence.

I ate at Subway once 15-20 years ago and have never been back since.

Auto Transport Service
Back