• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's up with "the new" ebay look?

YY1

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
about 40% of the items have a completely different format, and "ask a question" is now gone, replaced by "contact seller" in the opposite corner of the listing.

...and- when I select "my ebay" which used to show all my watched items sorted by ending soonest, then my past purchases sorted most recent first, now I get purchases only and have to use the left pane menu to get the watch list, and then it sorts by "most relevant" (as determined by what criteria?), and If I change it to "ending soonest", when I click on page 2, about 60% of the time it reverts back to "most relevant" and about 30% of the time reverts back to "purchases". This also happens if I delete an ended item.

WTF- new and improved???

I will say I like that they have changed "followed" searches, back to "saved" searches.

I thought that was a corny "me too" facebook *** kiss.

but I'd take it back if the other issues were gone.

New improved ebay, not so much. I bitch at them almost every change, only once they did something I liked, once!
What really gets my *** out is they change me from Newly Listed to Best Match. What the f do they know!
The other day there were no time when listed. I make a cruise through daily and look at time listed so I stop at the last time I was on. Bitched and next day it was back to normal.
How about the little hearts for Watch this Item. Must be a bunch of girls running the place or sissy boys.
Wonder what surprises I'll see to night.
I feel better now.

I've also noticed a lot of listings, particularly cars with absolutely no description. None.

Think you have to click on something down where description was. Another dumb improvement.

I am so sick of ebay. Every so often, they come out with these "improvements". Then, we have to re-familiarize ourselves with the site. Nothing really changes though. It is really no better or worse after the changes. We are still able to buy and sell... and that is really all we need ebay to do. The thing that frosts my balls though is that ebay's (combined with paypal's) fees are about double what they were when I started buying and selling there 17 years ago. My question to ebay is, why don't they fire the entire department of people that they have making these "improvements" and reduce their seller fees with all of the money that they save?

If those buttheads didn't change "improve" things they wouldn't have jobs. I tell them that on there What do you Think button.

I've also been getting a LOT more "sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later" errors

Ugh eGag!! I do all of my internet surfing on a "smart" phone. I use to be able to open the eGag home page and simply scroll down and click on the Classic site.
Well that's not so simple now. You must first type in an item in the Search, then click on the Classic site, which is the best option for easy navigating......
Navigating eGag has gotten extremely annoying. Bunch of bastards!!

Auto Transport Service
Back